June 2011 Moms

holy growth spurt?? 10-11weeks?

I know they can occur anytime but anyone else?  He's eating like every 2 hours on the dot and we had just progressed into the 3 hour mark...like screaming to eat! never does that.  Not sure if I just botched his schedule today or what b/c he only eats for lik 6-8 minutes, falls asleep, spits up, then chews on his hands and is a little fussy.

??  growth spurt or do I need to lengthen his meals?

image 36weeks in image 36ish weeks out Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: holy growth spurt?? 10-11weeks?

• I am hoping this is what we just went through.  We had 3 days and nights of pure fussiness (h3ll, really) and waking every 1-2 hours to eat.  I was exhausted.  Today DS is back on his normal "schedule" and I am praying that it was just a growth spurt at a nontraditional time. 

Hope it's just a growth spurt for you since you just progressed into 3 hours between feedings! 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dying here...he eats and falls asleep while eating.  Then like an hour or so later is knawing on his hands but is tired...so I try to put him down, but he's hungry too so he won't sleep. So I feed him, he falls asleep...whole cycle repeats! 

I'm just ready for 7-8 pm where hopefully he'll sleep and I can reset this tomorrow or have it continue and go pull my hair out...either way today needs to end.

• Loading the player...
  • I swear we just went through a growth spurt. I just thought she did her 3 mo GS early. You are not alone. Yesterday she ate and slept all.day.long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just asked pedi about this today because LO has been up every 1-2 hours to eat at night for the last 3 nights when he was doing 4-5 hours of sleep.  He said babies can really have a growth spurt at anytime. I'm just hoping this growth spurt ends soon. I'm exhausted. Crying
  • We are 10 weeks today and this is us today!  She has eaten like all day every little bit.  Then she falls asleep a few minutes and wants to eat some more.  I am pumping and just fell behind a little.  Had to dip into the freezer stash yesterday to keep up!! 
  • thank the lord I'm not the only one...if he's up every 2 hours tonight I might have a panic attack lol

My brother is a pediatrician (no kids yet so on this type of he's not too helpful, and just out of residency so not tooooo experienced yet)...he said anytime a mom has a weird question like this he blames it on a growth spurt lol

• Yeah I hope what we just went through was his 3 month growth spurt,a little early. He was eating all the time, and a lot. One night I offered a bottle of pumped milk after he'd been nursing for almost an hour - he ate 3 more ounces! And I was starving all the time too. He's back to normal eating now, though his napping is still messed up.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"