Toddlers: 24 Months+

A poll for moms of boys - clothing/accessory related

Hey ladies! Just a little poll for you mom's of boys. Do you get frustrated when you go to a store and see 3x the selection for little girls as you do for boys (when it comes to clothes and shoes)? Admittedly, I don't shop nearly enough - I usually just buy from Target/JCP, in a rush, and get one of every color in his size :) I just saw yet another advertisement for a cute little girl accessory and thought that I wish there was something like this for little boys! [Poll]

Re: A poll for moms of boys - clothing/accessory related

• I maybe wouldn't buy many acessories.  I find it just annoying how much of all kinds of girls clothes there is and how small the selction is for boys.  It is very irriating.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I voted YES! It is very frustrating, especially when Target has a clearance sale and there are 5 racks of girl clothes at 50% off and 1/2 a rack of boy clothes. Or when the holidays roll around and you would like your son to have more than two acceptable options for a sweater.

On the other hand I think I would spend a lot more money if I had a girl because I would feel the need for her to have multiple pairs of shoes and sandals and accessories to match every outfit, whereas my boy can get by easily with a cute pair of nike's, jeans and a polo for most occasions.

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, this dives me bananas!  Like pp I hate it when there is a ton of girls stuff on sale and nada for the boys.  With this being said I save a lots o' money because there isn't as many extras I can buy.

I also wish they didn't have words or sayings on every frikin' t-shirt!  "Mammas lil' stinker" rrrrrrrrreally......

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nah, I just wish it wasn't so hard to find things without dinosaurs, skulls, basketballs, or other crap on it.  There are so many different kinds of pants for boys/styles...I  will never get tired of my boy in a striped tee with overalls or cargo pants with a plain tee.  Perfection.

As a mom of 2 girls I think a lot of the crap out there for 2 and 3 yr old girls are just stupid.  I hate cutesy-frilly crap but don't like them to be in mini adult clothes.  It's hard either way sometimes!

• Oh, to add, though- I LOVE Naartjie for the girls- some cute, unique stuff, but it cracks me up and disappoints me that their boy stuff is pretty mundane- npt so different from the stuff next door over at gymboree!
  • imageWally3:
    I maybe wouldn't buy many acessories.  I find it just annoying how much of all kinds of girls clothes there is and how small the selction is for boys.  It is very irriating.

This.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't know that I would buy accessories but I definitely wish the selection was bigger- especially for shoes! I swear, trying to find a toddler boy cute shoes that DON'T have a character on them is next to impossible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm not sure what accessories you mean. Hats? Ascots? Suspenders? Look hard enough and be willing to spend the money, I bet you can find any kind of boy accessory you could ever want. 

B wears a teething necklace and that's plenty. I've certainly never looked at him and thought "golly I wish I could put a bow in his hair, they're so cute". Granted, he has so much hair I do sometimes wish barrettes were socially acceptable on boys, but I have no qualms about throwing it up in a ponytail if he gets hot. He looks like a cute little soccer player/samurai. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

• I just wish there were more dressy options. We usually just go with jeans/shorts and tshirts. Nothing fancy. When it comes to holidays, it's a pain. I don't want vest combos anymore and I don't want to spend a fortune. I hate the lack of choice with the dress clothes.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • I've never had an issue finding things for DS. I usually get his stuff from OUAC so there is always plenty to choose from. They only accessory he wears in an allergy bracelet and that's enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"