August 2011 Moms
Options

What to Expect?

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow a day after my EDD and I wonder what the exam will be like? My doctor so far hasn't done much and I've only had one internal for my GSB test.  I read on the Bump all the time of women who know how far along they are.  They know the centimeters and how effaced they are.  What type of exam should my doctor be doing at this point? If he just checks the babies heartbeat and feels my belly is that still enough? Should I ask him to let me know how far along I am? What does your doctor do at exams? What type of checking did your doctor due at 40 wks? TIA
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What to Expect?

• Options
    My OB office checks you at your GBS appt and then not again until 41 weeks, at which time they also give a NST.  So yes pee, bp check, doppler, and measuring is all they do at 40 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've had 4 internals (one every week at my appts since my GBS appt).  My last appt (when I was 39 weeks 5 days), we discussed induction options if I don't deliver on my own this weekend since their office does not like to go over 41 weeks. 

You can ask to have an internal if you are curious as to what your progress is

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

depends on the office. i've only had 2 internals so far (no dilation or effacement @ 36wks or 39wks when I had the internals done). i have an appointment tomorrow to check progress & discuss induction options.

but i agree with PP, if they don't do an internal and you're curious, just ask :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks gals I think I will ask.  I am hoping to avoid an induction at all cost not that if it is in the best interest of my LO I won't do it.  We will see what the doctor says. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"