TTC After a Loss
Options

Any BBT charters out there TTC again?

Hi everyone...I had a "trying again" question that I can't seem to find any answers to on the vast Internet, so I figured I would just ask you all directly...

I was charting to get pregnant, but then stopped when I got a BFP in July.  Well, when I lost the baby, I decided to start taking my temperature in the mornings again once I stopped bleeding so I can try my hand at figuring out what the hell my body is doing now, since I don't want to get weekly bloodwork done (though I've had 3 checkups since my ER visit).  I figure, at the very least, it can tell me when my next period will come and when we can start trying again, if we decide to go ahead with that...Well, I stopped bleeding only about 5 days ago, and my temperature finally dropped back down to pre-ovulation/pregnancy levels just this morning, and yet I'm *already* seeing cervical fluid reminiscent of a fertile period...Is it possible that I am already just days away from ovulating???  Or do the hormones just make crazy things happen with your cervical fluid?

I was just wondering, did anybody else use charting as a way to figure this stuff out?  Because, when I look on Internet articles, they mention that you can ovulate as soon as 2 weeks after you miscarry, but they never define that point -- Is the day of miscarriage considered the day you start bleeding; the day you pass tissue; or the day you stop bleeding?  Nobody seems to refer to the point when your BBT dips back below the cover line as meaningful at all, though some women gauge a kind of "leveling out" of hormones based on taking home pregnancy tests or by getting weekly bloodwork.  I'm so confused...I had a natural miscarriage, but the bleeding spanned for 20 days (light spotting included), and as of last Tuesday, my hcg levels were at 95.

Thank you for your help on this...I have found some helpful information out there, but none that tie in the information your body is giving you with your BBT and cervical fluid.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Any BBT charters out there TTC again?

• Options

I charted after both my losses. With my 1st loss I actually got AF 2 weeks after my loss.

With my 2nd loss I too was able to catch my temp dropping, CM changes and then my ovulation. I also ovulated when my HCG was between 158 and 33, I got AF the day my HCG was 8.

The most important thing to know is that each pregnancy is different and everyone is different so there is no set time or pattern to "expect."

Lots of women on here have charted after a loss, for the same reason you are.

I hope that helps.

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Options
    imageBzeetyD:

I charted after both my losses. With my 1st loss I actually got AF 2 weeks after my loss.

With my 2nd loss I too was able to catch my temp dropping, CM changes and then my ovulation. I also ovulated when my HCG was between 158 and 33, I got AF the day my HCG was 8.

The most important thing to know is that each pregnancy is different and everyone is different so there is no set time or pattern to "expect."

I hope that helps.

That does help, thank you.  It sounds like, based on what you're telling me, that I could actually ovulate soon.  It just seems unbelievable after all of the crap we've been through that my body is already ready to try again.  And the fact that you ovulated with pregnancy hormones is interesting...I'll have to read up on that.  I have no intention of getting my bloodwork done or my hormone levels read any longer, so I doubt I'll ever know when they are back down to pre-pregnancy level, but that's just because I'm exhausted of doctors appointments when they are for such depressing things :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options

There are lots of us BBT charters here. Most often I have seen the day of MC referred to as the first day of red flow or CD1. I charted before and after my first loss at 5w4d and my cycle went right back to normal after.  My temp dropped the day I started bleeding and b/w showed my HCG was at 0 two days later. I O'd and got my next AF at my normal times.

My second loss was much more drawn out. My HCG took a long time to drop and so my temps stayed high for quite a while. I bled heavy for two days and then spotted for 6 weeks. It stopped around CD50 and thats when my temps started to drop back down, but my HCG was still 400+. I took it as sign I was at least moving in the right direction.

Since your HCG was 95 last week, it's possible you could be getting ready to O. You might want to take a cheapie HPT to see if it's negative yet. Then if it is, take an OPK to see if you're surging yet.

Edit: spelling

photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Options
    imagescerulla:
    imageBzeetyD:

I hope that helps.

That does help, thank you.  It sounds like, based on what you're telling me, that I could actually ovulate soon.  It just seems unbelievable after all of the crap we've been through that my body is already ready to try again.  And the fact that you ovulated with pregnancy hormones is interesting...I'll have to read up on that.  I have no intention of getting my bloodwork done or my hormone levels read any longer, so I doubt I'll ever know when they are back down to pre-pregnancy level, but that's just because I'm exhausted of doctors appointments when they are for such depressing things :(

Following HCG down to 0 is common after a loss though not all docs do it and not all women want to. My clinic wanted me to do it and it was helpful to me,  because I felt like progress towards TTC again was being made. It does suck to have appointments all the time, be reminded of your loss on a weekly basis and get poked and prodded but it was for a good reason.

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Options
    I had some wet and stretchy CM Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I was shocked because I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum and hadn't m/c yet. My D&C was yesterday. The sac stopped growing at 5 weeks so I guess maybe my body was confused but it was the most CM I have ever had.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Options
    I'm only 20 days post m/c but I started charting again recently, precisely for the reasons you've mentioned. 
    I feel like I have noticed a drop in my temps back down to pre-pregnancy levels, which I think is good.  Though, I've been having a harder time tracking my CM since I was bleeding/spotting for so long.  But, from what I've read it's very possible to ovulate pretty right away for some people. 

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options

Sounds just like my situation! And I literally just ran to get my chart. I'll give a shorthand version of my situation:

Preggo in May, Missed Miscarriage on July 25, and just had D&C on 8/2.

I started charting last day of spotting. Temps were low. Had the fertile cervical fluid then my temps spiked for 2 days and went back down. I thought I ovulated. Maybe I did. But then my temps stayed low for a few days and I had more fluid and they slowly rose. I had a dip below, but they went right back up. So I believe my 2nd set of temps is now the luteal phase (which I'm 9 days in). So hopefully in a few days AF comes.

I went to Dr last week for post-op and he said I should bleed 4-6 weeks after my D&C bleeding stop (I bled for 4 weeks total: prior to mc and inclduing after D&C). But I should expect it by next week. They drew blood and my HCG levels are 0.

I'm desperate for AF so we can TTC again. I hope I helped!

• Options
    I had a blighted ovum too. I miscarried at 12 weeks altho the sac measured way smaller 6-7wks. Maybe it was a luteum breakdown that cause your fluid? I read that it happens.
  • Options

Thank you all for responding...All of your stories are very helpful to me.  I will keep charting and just hope for the best, and eventually, my body's intentions will make themselves clear.  @MrsGinger, that pattern of temps sounds crazy confusing!  I hate not knowing what my body is doing, and all of the physical changes have just added stress to my emotional situation.  It's almost like my body is trying to ovulate "on time," since according to an application I was using to track my temps, it's predicting I'll ovulate on Friday (the app is assuming I was never pregnant and just having normal cycles)...so it sound like, at this point, it could still go either way.

It would have been nice to have a doctor I could call, but I never got to see one since we lost the baby before our first appointment.   And I hate having conversations like this with nurses I've never seen or met.  The nurse who called me to tell me my hcg levels didn't seem like she even knew why she was calling me! 

Thanks again!  I'll keep checking in and reading other posts from you lovely ladies and will hopefully figure out how BBTs can help me piece things together after a loss.  You guys are great Smile

• Options
    Def keep charting. Your body seems like it's trying to figure things out, it's been thru so much. I think after 4 weeks my body is back to normal! So it's just another waiting game! Good luck to you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"