Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How much milk does your LO take?

My pedi says she may not ever take more than 6 oz (bc some babies just don't) at a time.  She's been on similac sensitive and drinking 5.5 oz 4 times a day for the past month.  Materials that I read, says she should be taking 30-40 oz a day.  She's growing still.

So, just curious, how much is your LO drinking a day?

Baby Birthday Tichttp://www.thebump.com/profiles/junebug555/settings/avatar/Index#ker Ticker

Re: How much milk does your LO take?

• DD is just over 5 months and taking between 4 and 6 oz per bottle 5x per day.  She also gets solids twice a day (fruit/cereal in the morning and a veggie lunch).
  • At daycare he will have either 3 or 4 7 oz bottles - he's a hungry little bugger!  He nurses in the morning and in the evening, so I don't know exactly how much he's getting. He also gets some veggies in the evening.  I was worried that he was eating a lot, but he was only in the 39th percentile for weight  a couple weeks ago so I assume that means it's fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • For a while DD was eating 5 5 oz bottles a day, so 25oz.  Then we started giving her 6 oz at her last feeding only because for her seond bottle of the day she was so hungry. (We had tried 6 for the first bottle but she spit up WAY too much).  So she was getting 26oz a day.  Well, I decided that maybe she needed 6 oz in the morning too, so she was getting 27 oz.  But she was still spitting up WAY too much from it, so we backed her down to 4 5 oz bottles and the 6 oz one at night.  The past 2 days she didn't even finish the full 5oz in the AM, but I think it had more to do with distractions.  She recently started trying to "feed" herself, her bottles. 

So anywhere between 26-27 ozs per day. 

I did read they should have 2.5 times the amt they weigh.  DD is almost 15 lbs... So, she is low on that, but she seems fine.  Her 4 month visit is Tuesday. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesnoopy5512:

For a while DD was eating 5 5 oz bottles a day, so 25oz.  Then we started giving her 6 oz at her last feeding only because for her seond bottle of the day she was so hungry. (We had tried 6 for the first bottle but she spit up WAY too much).  So she was getting 26oz a day.  Well, I decided that maybe she needed 6 oz in the morning too, so she was getting 27 oz.  But she was still spitting up WAY too much from it, so we backed her down to 4 5 oz bottles and the 6 oz one at night.  The past 2 days she didn't even finish the full 5oz in the AM, but I think it had more to do with distractions.  She recently started trying to "feed" herself, her bottles. 

So anywhere between 26-27 ozs per day. 

I did read they should have 2.5 times the amt they weigh.  DD is almost 15 lbs... So, she is low on that, but she seems fine.  Her 4 month visit is Tuesday. 

My LO is 15 lbs, but she's almost 6 months.  She also the same problem as your LO where if I give her 6 oz, she'll spit up ALOT.  So we've been staying at the 5.5 oz.  I wanted to get an idea since we are just now starting with solids. 

Thanks for everyone's input.

Baby Birthday Tichttp://www.thebump.com/profiles/junebug555/settings/avatar/Index#ker Ticker
  • If I went by the 2.5x her weight rule, DD would be drinking 50 oz/day.  I'm not about to feed her that much, so I just feed her what she's hungry for.  Usually it amounts to 32-36 oz/day.  She typically eats about 7 oz./bottle. 

My older DD hated to eat, from the day she was born.  I was lucky to get 20 oz. in her each day. 

Every baby is different.  As long as she's growing, you're fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 5/2004 Karina Frances born February 6, 2005 8 lb., 6 oz.
    BFP #2 8/2010 Hadleigh Abigail born April 7, 2011 8 lb., 11 oz.
    BFP #3 7/2011 EDD 3/27/12 Missed MC at 12w3d (Sara Grace)
    BFP #4 12/13/11 EDD 8/19/12 Praying for this little baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS eats between around 40 oz of formula a day. He also has oatmeal in the morning and veggie or fruit in the evening. He's an eater.

He's 5 and a half months old, 28.5 inches long and about 17.5 lbs. According to the WHO growth chart, he off the chart for length and just over the 50th percentile for weight.

• 1- 8oz bottle

2- 5oz bottles

2- jars of baby food 

• My DS is 3 months, he takes 5 6 oz bottles a day right now.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"