May 2011 Moms

If your baby is STTN

What is your nap schedule?  How long are LOs naps? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your baby is STTN

• I try to put them down for 2 naps a day, but they rarely sleep during them. They'll sleep a good 9 hours through the night, though!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We do EASY.  So he goes down after each of the first three feedings of the day.  Anywhere from 60-90 minutes after he wakes up,  So if he woke at 7 am he is usually down by 8:30 and sleeps anywhere from 45 min to an 2 hours.  He still wakes ocasionally at 40-45 minutes into the nap. 

Then we have a catnap sometime in the early evening beofre a 7:45 bath and down for the night by 9.  Dreamfeed at 10:30 and he sleeps till after 6 most days.. today was 7:30!!

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Our nap schedule is all over the place. The only guaranteed nap that happens every day is 8am until 9:30-10am. Besides that, she may cat nap the rest of the day or do 3 separate 45 minute naps; or another 2 hour nap later in the day. 

She has been pushing her bedtime earlier and earlier though--she is asleep by 7:30 and usually wakes up around 5am wanting the pacifier and then goes back to sleep until about 6:30. Even when she wakes up, she would rather play for a few minutes than eat--she is all smiles and giggles. 

My daughter is my hero.
  • I let Hailey sleep when she wants. We have never gone a day without her taking at least 1 nap for an hour. She sleeps a good 10+ hours at night. So far she has been a really easy baby and only cries when she is hungry. Letting her pick when she wants to go to sleep is working great for us right now so I see no need to change it just yet.

Photobucket PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been putting him down about every 90 minutes...do you think he's getting too old for that?
  • Our routine right now: (it's probably going to change soon, she's moving towards a 4 hour routine)

7:30 wake, eat

9-11 nap

11 eat

12:30-2:30 nap

2:30 eat

4:00/4:30 catnap (usually 45 minutes)

5:00/5:15 eat

6:30 bath

7:00 bottle

7:30 bed

10:00 dreamfeed

She sleeps through to her 7:30 waketime.

It's a 3/3.5 combo routine right now.  An a.m. and p.m. nap start to form right around this time. And like a pp said, my DD might wake at the 45-60 mark and we put her in the swing to extend the nap. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLisa Frank:

Our routine right now: (it's probably going to change soon, she's moving towards a 4 hour routine)

9-11 nap

11 eat

It's a 3/3.5 combo routine right now.  An a.m. and p.m. nap start to form right around this time. And like a pp said, my DD might wake at the 45-60 mark and we put her in the swing to extend the nap. 

Okay, great!  This is pretty much what our day looks like too.  Except he only take one long nap usually.  Dreamfeed doesn't work for us...he still wakes once at night.  Think I should try again?

• imagemorganaday:
    imageLisa Frank:

Our routine right now: (it's probably going to change soon, she's moving towards a 4 hour routine)

9-11 nap

11 eat

Okay, great!  This is pretty much what our day looks like too.  Except he only take one long nap usually.  Dreamfeed doesn't work for us...he still wakes once at night.  Think I should try again?

I'd be cool w/ one wakeup at this point. I mean, you could try it, but some babies will still wake up or it disrupts their sleep even more

• Wow! Lisafrank - that's a lot of naps!  Here's what we do:

Wake 8/8:30 and eat

nap 10:30/11am

eat 11am

eat 2p

nap 2-4/5p 

eat 5p 

bath 8pm

eat 8:30

sleep 9/9:15 sleeps until 8am, about 1/3 of the time he STTN.  

• imagemrbear83:

Wow! Lisafrank - that's a lot of naps!  Here's what we do:

Wake 8/8:30 and eat

nap 10:30/11am

eat 11am

eat 2p

nap 2-4/5p 

eat 5p 

bath 8pm

eat 8:30

sleep 9/9:15 sleeps until 8am, about 1/3 of the time he STTN.  

2 naps and a catnap (to hold over until bedtime) is a lot of naps? That's actually pretty typical for this age, IME. Especially with a waketime of 7/7:30 and bedtime of the same. I've found that her max waketime at this age is 2 hours.

Pretty soon we will ditch the catnap, but that 2-nap-a-day pattern sticks until baby is well over a year.  Then they drop to one big afternoon nap in the middle of the day.  

• LO has a cycle that she generally sticks to.  Eat, burp, play, nap for 30 - 90 minutes.  Every 3 hours for the last 8 weeks.  There is only 1 large nap mid to late afternoon.  The other naps are shorter but she sleeps from 9PM to 430 AM. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We don't have a set nap time. However he usually falls asleep at around 11:00 for anywhere for 30 minutes to an hour. And again at around maybe 4:00. He goes down at 8 and sleeps until 8 the next morning! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"