Washington Babies

Cloth Diaper: Anyone use this company?

My dh and I are looking into using cloth diapers instead of disposable and we are starting to research early as to begin purchasing now and avoiding huge cost later.

Does anyone use Diaper Baby Services? www.diaperbabyservices.net is the website and they are a local delivery company. I was just curious if anyone else has or is using this service, as washing all those diapers does not appeal to me. 

If you use another service provider, can you please share?

Thanks!

Re: Cloth Diaper: Anyone use this company?

• I've heard of them, but never used them.  I bought my cloth diapers used usually from mamas on diaperswappers.com and washed them myself in my washing machine.  I'm not sure if DBS uses the "old fashioned" kind (prefold and cover).  I like the fitted kinds and Thirsties has been a favorite.

~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • My brother and SIL use them and love them. It's actually BabyDiaperService.net, but that's fine. LOL

greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you mean https://www.babydiaperservice.net/ I assume?  I know some moms here have used them and been very happy.  I looked into them but ultimately decided not to for a couple of reasons- first, the cost breakdown makes them about as expensive as paper diapers, so if you are looking to save money, it won't help in that respect.  Plus if you have more kids you'll have to pay all over again, whereas by owning your diapers you can use them again or re-sell to earn money back.  Second, you are limited to just prefolds.  Many people like prefolds, but I only used them for the newborn stage and didn't care for them then.  There is no way I could use them now, though, since DD is a *very* heavy wetter and they would not be absorbent enough for nighttime or naps, so I'd have to buy night diapers anyway, and also she is so squirmy that the idea of snappi-ing her into one would be ridiculous.

Personally, I found the more that I looked into purchasing diapers and washing them at home, the less I minded the idea of washing.  Honestly, it is SO much easier than I ever expected, and it really doesn't make much extra work- I wash one load every 3 days, that's it.  If you're worried about solid waste (which won't be an issue until you start solids, as BF or FF poo can just go right in) you can either use flushable liners or get a diaper sprayer.  I <3 the sprayer, it makes things so much easier.  I would highly suggest taking a class to get some more info on both ways of CDing- we went to one at Birth and Beyond in Seattle, and then I went to one (without DH) at Punkernoodle Baby in Seattle with some other Bumpies.  It is the best way to get an idea of what CDing is actually about and see dipes in person.  Trust me, it really is worth it to check out to explore both options even if you're still thinking diaper service at this point. :)  

image Visit The Nest!

• We used them for the first twelve weeks and loved them. Really good customer service so don't hesitate to call them with questions or any problems down the road if you use the service.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with a lot of what Shane said.  We started out with prefolds/covers (much like we would have with Baby Diaper Service), but I was just thinking the other day that I can't imagine using them now.  It's hard enough to get one diaper on my child - the diaper AND a cover would be a magical feat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have used them for two and a half years now and have been very happy! We do disposable for naps, nighttime and longer trips out of the house, and cloth the rest of the time. It works great for us.

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • I used them for the triplets and we were very happy.  I CD'd with my own stash for DD, but found BDS to be much easier for three babies.  The staff are so nice.  The driver was so helpful and grabbed my bin(s) wherever they were convenient for ME.  It was great to not worry about washing dipes.  They take them with everything on them!  Our service was a gift/inheritance, so we didn't pay anything.
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • I would second looking into buying your own. I personally wouldn't use a service. It's just as expensive as using sposies. I love cloth, but I hated prefolds and covers! I have a ton for our next one, but only for the first few weeks. Check out diaperswappers.com and greenmountaindiapers.com. There is a wealth of information there. You can buy used diapers on diaperswappers to save money. Washing isn't so bad. Just one more load!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"