Maryland Babies

Is this weird?

DS still sleeps in a sleep sack.  It's an XL and very very roomy, so the nights we have tried to go without he wakes up really cold in the middle of the night, but sleeps great in the sack.  Plus I feel like this is also why he hasn't figured out how to climb out of his crib Stick out tongue  It's not constricting at all, and he can actually walk in it when he is out of his crib.  I mentioned this to a friend with a child a few months older than J and she looked at me like I was crazy for still having him in a sack, I dont' think it's a big deal, it's like a blanket that moves with you!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Is this weird?

• Not weird at all- I bought a huge one for DD, because she definitely slept better in them.  DS wasn't swaddled for several hours after he was born and as a result he has never been a swaddle/sleepsack fan.  I know I shouldn't compare my kids, but DD was and still is a great night time sleeper, while DS is a much lighter sleeper and I will always wonder if the lack of swaddling is to blame. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I wouldn't say "weird" but I don't hear about alot of kids that age that are still in sleep sacks.  Ella hasn't slept in one since she was ~6 months old..  I know they make the older versions too, w/ the feet, but we've just used regular sleepers and PJs. 

Ella still gets wrapped up/swaddled in her blanket every night before bed though - and anytime she's upset.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • IF its weird then I am a bigger weirdo b/c DS is still sleeping in sleep sacks. We have the toddler ones with foot holes so he can walk in them. Its part of his night time ritual and he loves it. If I just had him under a blanket he would have it all twisted up in about ten minutes and he can't stay under it. Don't judge me!! you don't know my life!! (In Jerry Springer voice).

Sorry-I'm working on like 2  hrs of sleep here.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't think there is a problem with using one at all. They do make them in your son's size, so why worry. At least you know he is warm and cozy and will not wake up in the middle of the night because he is cold or twisted around in a blanket. 

I still use them for my son, he's only 11 months, but I plan to use them for awhile. I just bought two fleece large and x-large (he's tall) sizes for winter time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If it works, it works! 

DD sweats like a monster so i've put her to bed in a diaper before. 

• imagedaisyterp:

Not weird at all- I bought a huge one for DD, because she definitely slept better in them.  DS wasn't swaddled for several hours after he was born and as a result he has never been a swaddle/sleepsack fan.  I know I shouldn't compare my kids, but DD was and still is a great night time sleeper, while DS is a much lighter sleeper and I will always wonder if the lack of swaddling is to blame. 

I wonder if this is the same for my DD (not swaddled after birth) - she absolutely hates being swaddled or being in a sleepsack, and is a light sleeper. 

To answer original PP - if my child would don a sleepsack and it made her happy and sleep better, I would gladly use it until she grew out of it!

Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think it's weird - if it works, who cares?!  I hardly think he's going to go off to college w/ his sleepsack. Wink  PPs are right that they make them in older kids' sizes, so clearly you're not the only one.

We don't use sleepsacks b/c DS sweats as soon as it gets above 50 degrees Stick out tongue, but we do keep him in cotton footed pjs and plan to for as long as he'll allow it b/c then we don't have to worry about his feet getting cold (which seems to be the ONLY part of him that EVER gets cold) and we have issues w/ 2 piece pjs causing his diapers to leak all over (although maybe that's just his parents' stupidity...).  I feel a little goofy buying them in 24 month size, but whatever - it works for us.  I've also bought 1 sleepsack already and plan to buy a few more for this LO, but then I'm paranoid about the whole winter baby thing and keeping this LO warm enough in the NB stage - I'm not used to this!

And sorry, my kid would dispute the not swaddling/light sleeper theory - he has NEVER allowed us to swaddle him, but he has STTN since he turned 3 mos old and sleeps like a log - he sleeps through the dogs barking, doorbell ringing, people talking, etc., and never moves.  I think it's all in the kiddo for their sleep habits, and I am SURE I'm destined to have a horrific sleeper for this next LO, just as payback for how lucky we've been w/ DS's sleeping habits!

• I think it's a little weird to see a kid walking in one. But not like side eye worthy. They do have "walker" ones with legs.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Sometimes I wish my kids still slept in them. They do not keep blankets on so I am compelled to keep the house warmer than I like to at night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"