Washington Babies
Options

Nursing Bras

Okay something I wondered. I am oviously going to need some nursing bras for after I have the baby. Is it a good idea to go an get fitted for a couple now (at 33 weeks). How does this whole process work? Any recs of a place to go to get fitted?
imageimageimage
Newlywed Athlete Blog
DD Arrived 10/17/2011
2012 Races
Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59

Re: Nursing Bras

• Options
    If you can, I would wait until your milk comes in after the baby arrives. Your breasts will change so much. I bought a handful of nursing tanks ahead and used those in the early days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Get some nursing tanks to use for the first month (love target brand!), and then go get fitted for nursing bras at the start of month 2,  that way your milk will be in and regulated and your boobs should be done changing by that point.
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One thing that totally saved me (I EP'd) was a double nurser so that it held the cups in place while I pumped. Life saver! And that one you can buy pretty much any time because it's adjustable in the back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips ladies. That makes way more since than getting fitted for a bra.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options

I never did get fitted.  I just bought a few different styles at Target.  they had the best selection. 

I also LOVED in nursing tanks and rarely wore nursing bras.  Target are awesome, but my favorite is a La Leche League ribbed style one!  awesome!  You can even wear it alone and strapless. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I waited for my milk to come in and then went to get fitted at Nordstrom. The bras were fantastic.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsEditorJax:
    I waited for my milk to come in and then went to get fitted at Nordstrom. The bras were fantastic.

I also got fitted at Nordstrom, but before DD was born. My nursing bras still fit great, and are super comfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNancy_Drew:

I never did get fitted.  I just bought a few different styles at Target.  they had the best selection. 

I also LOVED in nursing tanks and rarely wore nursing bras.  Target are awesome, but my favorite is a La Leche League ribbed style one!  awesome!  You can even wear it alone and strapless. 

Ditto on Target's tops.  I loved these. I wore them at the end of my pregnancy and still am wearing them.  They make nursing easy with no worry of showing my belly & comfy.  I also got 2 nursing bras at the end of the pregnancy for dresses etc. Only wore then about 3 times over the year. :-)

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

the Target nursing tanks are the way to go. I loved all of mine that I bought. I also got a few nursing bras at target that I loved. If possible I would try and wait it out a bit

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got everything at Motherhood maternity, and while I agree you should wait to get bras after your milk comes in, I ended up getting 4 bras before I had the baby only because they had a buy 3 get one free sale. They are willing to exchange them for a different size later on if it turns out your size changes after the baby's here. I also got nursing sports bras and tanks for the hospital and the first week to hold me off until I had a chance to go shopping and exchange them.
  • Options

Didn't read the other posts yet, so sorry for repeats.

Get a nursing tank if you really want something to wear at the hospital and home, but wait until your milk comes in.  My size changed a LOT and I would have been out of luck if I spent money on good nursing bras before my milk was in.

I really like the shop at Evergreen, those ladies were a big help and I ended up buying my favorite two nursing bras there.  A lot of ladies swear buy the Target brand too [I loved their tanks, but not their bras].  But get fitted by a pro first.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The recommendations I heard was to be measured within a month of your due date.  So, I'd wait a few more weeks.  I loved the Medala bras.  I'm not sure which hospital you are closest to, but the breastfeeding center has a little shop.  Someone can measure you and you can find a good supportive nursing bra there.

~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • Options
    Just wanted to add another rec for nursing tanks for at first, or soft sports bra type nursing bra for sleeping in. Nursing for the first month or so can be painful while everything adjusts, and with both kids there was no way I wanted anything with wire in it for the first month or so. When your milk first comes in you will go up probably 2 cup sizes, then after a couple weeks it will regulate and your size will drop a little. Also keep in mind that you might need nursing pads too, for leaking esp at first, so keep that in mind when you are choosing real nursing bras. I always got the kind that were at least thickly lined cups so that you couldnt see any folds/ lines from the pads. GL!
  • Options
    imagescarletii:

The recommendations I heard was to be measured within a month of your due date.  So, I'd wait a few more weeks.  I loved the Medala bras.  I'm not sure which hospital you are closest to, but the breastfeeding center has a little shop.  Someone can measure you and you can find a good supportive nursing bra there.

Sorry, meant to say that Evergreen has a breastfeeding center with a shop...(And you can rent a pump there, too!)  I initially got fitted at Nordstrom.  While they were great, the bras I ended up getting there did not hold up so well.  (Hence my rec for Evergreen.)

~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • Options
    I actually only wore soft bras. The ones that have shells or padding were impossible for me to nurse in. I am small chested, but was a full C while nursing and they were still too awkward to use! I loved the target brand bras and tanks. Wore nothing but them for a whole year!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"