Stay at Home Moms
Options

I am back (finally)

Vegas was awesome!  Due to Irene, our flight home on Sunday was canceled.  At first, I was super worried and anxious but then my H texted me and said "you need to stop worrying and have more drinks".  So then I just relaxed and went with it - I mean, there are certainly worse places to be stuck

We got a room for Sunday night and flights for Monday.  Except we had to fly from LV to DFW to Charlotte to Allentown, PA - which is 2 hours away from PHL.  We were completely dreading it, but it actually turned out ok.  The most annoying thing was listening to everyone biitch, as if the airlines were just trying to eff with them.  Um hello knuckleheads, thousands of flights on the east coast were canceled

So we finally got home late Monday night and we have no power.  It just came back on last night.  I am going through my fridge/freezer tossing just about everything and scrubbing it :(

My H was amazing.  He said even with all the issues (storm, no power etc) he had such a great time with the kids.  He actually encouraged me to do it again.  He said "I know it's not the same as what you do, because you do all the household stuff, so I don't want you to think that I think what you do is easy".  I love that man

Our trip was amazeballs.  Lots of lounging by the pool, nice dinners, lots of drinks and laughs with awesome friends.  I did a zipline across Fremont St on the old strip that was so fun.  Everyone on my FB hates me because while they were dealing with Irene, I was posting pics of us drinking at the pool

DS 3.12.08
DD 7.11.09
DD 8.01.13

Re: I am back (finally)

• Options

Glad to hear you had a great time!  I love getting together with my girls, the conversation is rarely pg-rated and it's so nice to chill without any obligations:)  Kudos to your DH for handling everything while dealing with a hurricane and sounding like he still had fun!:)

Bummer about the travel troubles and the power outage:(  We came back from a weeklong trip to find out we were only getting half the power we should have been getting (brown-out).  Thankfully our downstairs fridge and chest freezer were okay but everything in the main fridge/freezer upstairs had to go.

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yeah, I saw that 'drinking by the pool' FB pic.  Hmph.   ;p

I'm glad you had a good time.  That totally sucks that you guys were w/o power for so long, but good that MrEagles faired so well with the kids. 

So, is Charlie potty trained now?!?  LOL.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you had a great time and made it home safely with all the chaos.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

HA!  Charlie is not potty trained yet, but he did poop in the potty for the 1st time!

He is making progress though.  Today he was in the sandbox and I was on our deck sweeping hurricane remnants.  He said "mom, do I have a diaper on?" and I said "yes, but do you have to go potty?"  I knew he did and didn't want to get out, but I wanted to see what he would say.  Of course he said NO and ended up pooping.  But it is encouraging that he wanted to know whether or not he had a diaper on - if I had said no he most likely would have gone on the potty. 

So I am going to start putting him in underwear when we are home at all times

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    I am so happy for you!  Your trip does sound amazing.  :)  And what an awesome husband you have.  And finally, I'm glad your family was safe and everybody is ok during the Irene madness.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageeaglesfan700:

HA!  Charlie is not potty trained yet, but he did poop in the potty for the 1st time!

He is making progress though.  Today he was in the sandbox and I was on our deck sweeping hurricane remnants.  He said "mom, do I have a diaper on?" and I said "yes, but do you have to go potty?"  I knew he did and didn't want to get out, but I wanted to see what he would say.  Of course he said NO and ended up pooping.  But it is encouraging that he wanted to know whether or not he had a diaper on - if I had said no he most likely would have gone on the potty. 

So I am going to start putting him in underwear when we are home at all times

Hey, that's progress!  Putting him in underwear when you're home is a good idea and I may start that because I am at my wits end otherwise.

Ben still flat out REFUSES to have ANYTHING to do with the potty, despite him now being the only kid in his playgroup in diapers.  His best buddy Nathan just potty trained in the last week and his mom and I have been trying to use that a motivation for Ben to do it too.  Nope...he couldn't care less.  I told him yesterday that I would give him a prize just for sitting on the potty and that he didn't even have to do anything.  He said, "No, I'll just pee and poop in my diaper."  Sigh. 

• Options
    Oh, and I posted on Monday (it's probably on the 2nd page by now) that Jordan started college.  Nuts, huh?
  • Options

imageseans_grl:
    Oh, and I posted on Monday (it's probably on the 2nd page by now) that Jordan started college.  Nuts, huh?

WHAT?!  No way, that is crazy.  I cannot even imagine the anxiety and excitement you feel for her.  Epitome of bittersweet right there.  Wow

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"