September 2011 Moms

WWYD re: dog babies

I've been having contractions about 15-10 (started at 15 this morning, now about 10) minutes apart all day today. Would you call to see if the vet has room to board the dogs or would you wait, drop them off at a friend's in the middle of the night, and have them boarded tomorrow? 

I realize this is kind of a stupid question but I'm soooo unsure of how fast things will progress. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD re: dog babies

• And I do realize strangers on the interwebzz don't have any idea how this will go either.
  • I think it really depends on how much money you want to spend, your relationship with your friends, and the distance from your house to the vet and the hospital.  If you are going to labor at home for a while, I would maybe consider having them go to your friends or boarding just in case so they don't get in your way.  If it were me, I would still call the vet just to confirm there is space there but not necessarily make an appointment until I made a decision.

HTH

• Loading the player...
  • Well, looking at your due date, it appears this might be the real deal.  I guess it depends on how much anxiety this would cause you...worrying about dropping off the dogs while going through painful contractions or dropping them off now while everything is manageable.

Also, if the dogs are boarded, will you be able to relax more?  If so, this might allow labor to progress better if it's the real deal.

• lol Thanks for your opinions but I guess the reality of Labor Day weekend killed Plan A (no availability for boarding) so I guess they'll be hanging out with us until we leave for the hospital. (Friend is on the way to the hospital so the only challenge will be waiting for husband to break down the crates and load 'em in the truck.)

Might be time to order that Gap/Banana Republic gift card. 

• we went to the doctor on a wed around noon.  I knew he would start talking induction, but I figured it would be for the next morning.  Nope, wanted us to go to the hospital right away.  We just called friends to  see if they could take the dog, I was only 37 weeks and planning a home birth so we never even called a vet for boarding.  Friends worked out fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck!  Hope you get to meet your LO very soon :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"