Attachment Parenting

AP Bedsharer putting my house on the market, a question

LO sleeps with us most nights despite her lovely room and crib.  We put our bed on the floor (just the matress) b/c LO crawled off our bed one night so this is safer.

We are going to put our house on the market and I am worried this set up will look weird to the prospective buyer.

I was thinking of putting the platform part back just to make it look a little more normal, do you think this is necessary?

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                             50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                  100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
Took a LONG Break
Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG

Re: AP Bedsharer putting my house on the market, a question

• I would.  You know, the whole "staging" thing :-)  I assume your realtor will give you notice if she is showing, so it only takes a minute to slide the mattress back onto the frame.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would too. I'm not expert, but I think how you stage your house is important when trying to sell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've wondered the same type of thing. Our box spring/mattress is on the floor with L's crib side-carred. I'm sure it looks really weird to most people. I would think you'd want it to look "normal" for prospective buyers, but maybe your realtor will have a professional opinion for you? Oh, and good luck with selling your house!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I absolutely would.Let me preface my next comment with I'm all for bedsharing:

A bed on the floor makes people look lazy and careless to the average person. That says to me that these are the kind of people that don't take care of a house, so I'd be worried about other issues.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • imageSnoopyLuv:

I absolutely would.Let me preface my next comment with I'm all for bedsharing:

A bed on the floor makes people look lazy and careless to the average person. That says to me that these are the kind of people that don't take care of a house, so I'd be worried about other issues.

I agree with all of this. If it would be a huge trouble to put the mattress back up each time the house was being shown, maybe you can get some bed rails? You could just take them off quick for a showing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"