Baby Names

Middle names?

We're expecting our 2nd boy Oct 27th & first name choice went to Dad this time around. Our first son is named Parkyr Thomas. Dad chose the first name Michael for this one but I'm stuck for a middle name. I want something unique & uncommon but not completely out there (no Vladamir, Odin, etc.) lol.

So far I've been thinking Ryatt. I saw it once & liked it but at the time we were looking for a first name (def a no-go there). 

Any suggestions? Last name will be one syllable & start with an "H" so not much danger of bad initials lol. (Also, first name can't be changed, spelling or otherwise. Dad's set on it being just plain ole' Michael.)

Thanks! :]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Middle names?

• 1. Why on earth would you want to change the spelling of Michael, anyway? It's a great, classic name, and good for your husband for sticking with a spelling that will grow up with him.

2. Ryatt....as in, pronounced like "riot"? Generally, I think anything goes with middle names, but using a word that sounds like riot isn't a very nice choice. Riots aren't good things. And considering what's been going on in England and parts of the U.S., it's not a timely choice at all.

Frankly, I'd find something interesting but legit, so that it goes with Michael. Perhaps Declan, Atticus, or Finn?

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I love the name Michael!

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Loading the player...
  • Indifferent

Ryatt, aside from looking like Riot, also looks like someone trying to say Rhett with a really really strong southern drawl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And why the unnecessary Y in Parker???
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My brother's first name is Evan, and I don't see many people with that name. Michael Evan sounds pretty good :P His birthday is also late October, thats what made me think of it :)
  • imageLianaC26:

We're expecting our 2nd boy Oct 27th & first name choice went to Dad this time around. Our first son is named Parkyr Thomas. Dad chose the first name Michael for this one but I'm stuck for a middle name. I want something unique & uncommon but not completely out there (no Vladamir, Odin, etc.) lol.

So far I've been thinking Ryatt. I saw it once & liked it but at the time we were looking for a first name (def a no-go there). 

Any suggestions? Last name will be one syllable & start with an "H" so not much danger of bad initials lol. (Also, first name can't be changed, spelling or otherwise. Dad's set on it being just plain ole' Michael.)

Thanks! :]

Thank God.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Michael is cute. Please don't change the spelling... 

Ryatt is NMS.

Michael Ryatt just does not flow well to me. 

How about these for ideas:

Michael Thomas

Michael Owen

Michael Preston

Michael Charles

Michael Levi

Michael Logan

Michael Rhys  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageBlueRidge8:

Indifferent

Ryatt, aside from looking like Riot, also looks like someone trying to say Rhett with a really really strong southern drawl.

I actually like the name Rhett, but not a fan of Ryatt at all. 

• imageAshleyMichelle06:
    And why the unnecessary Y in Parker???

The kid is already named. Get over it!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry, maybe I missed the part where I said "Please bash my children's names & our ideas for names." It's not your child. I may not agree with what you named your kids, but you don't see me posting about it. So unless you have something constructive to say please refrain from posting.

& for the record since it seems to be a big issue, I don't want to change the spelling of the first name. I have asked this other places as well & have gotten responses suggesting we do so. THAT is the only reason it was said.

For those of you who have given REAL responses, I thank you :] I like Rhys idea, though I am a little worried it'll be pronounced wrong lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"