Babies: 9 - 12 Months

A serious question

I know some of you guys have met up with each other before. So, when you meet up with someone you only know online, how do you make sure that they aren't an axe murderer?

Sincerly,

Don't wanna be hacked up 

flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...

Re: A serious question

• You never truly know. I'm still waiting to see if DH is going to hack me into little tiny pieces.

Seriously, I just meet people in a public place, preferably during daylight hours. I feel comfortable that I can generally get a feel for people when I meet them in person, especially if I've "known" them online for a while.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When you meet them in person, open the conversation with:

"Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTunaTown:

When you meet them in person, open the conversation with:

He seemed like a really normal guy in the beginning of that movie... see what I'm saying? 

public place seems like a good idea, I was just thinking my house at night while DH is gone and my neighbors are on vacation. no? 

flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...
  • I require a full-body cavity search.

(But that's really just for funsies)

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Beccs, Bailey and JBrianne took my internet stranger-meeting virginity. The potential of them to be axe murderers was worth it.
  • imageCinemaGoddess:

I require a full-body cavity search.

Soooo....when is this Seattle/Orlando GTG going to happen? 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• imageCinemaGoddess:

C'mon, thats a given.

::snaps rubber glove:: 

• imagecynhamilton:
    public place seems like a good idea, I was just thinking my house at night while DH is gone and my neighbors are on vacation. no? 
    That works, too, as long as your cat is there to protect you or call 911 if something goes wrong.
  • imageCinemaGoddess:

Now I'm even more sad that we didn't get to meet when I was in Seattle.
  • imagewrite2nicole:
    imagecynhamilton:
    That works, too, as long as your cat is there to protect you or call 911 if something goes wrong.

I don't have a cat, I'm screwed. 

• imagecynhamilton:

imagewrite2nicole:
    imagecynhamilton:

I don't have a cat, I'm screwed. 

Get a parakeet. If you're lucky, the parakeet will learn to repeat words quickly and will at least describe where they're taking you after your H comes home and finds you've been kidnapped.
  • I've only met people who've been around for a long time and the majority of whom I had talked with offline (including phone calls, skype, texts) for a decent amount of time.  If they were ax murderers then they did a damn good job setting me up. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • To answer your question, I just meet them in a public place.  I met a couple of girls from the AP board at a park and met a few ladies from DC at a restaurant.  If they show up with an ax then I would just quietly walk away.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• imageMrsLacy:
    To answer your question, I just meet them in a public place.  I met a couple of girls from the AP board at a park and met a few ladies from DC at a restaurant.  If they show up with an ax then I would just quietly walk away.

Quietly walk away...good idea. They would probably like it if you ran, thrill of the chase and all. 

• Also, you can tell them you'll be the one wearing the green shirt and ask what they'll be wearing. Show up a minute early wearing a blue shirt, and check them out. If they have an axe or don't look worthy of meeting you, disappear. Otherwise, change into your green shirt.

Color is significant here. You do NOT want to wear a red shirt. 

• I'm actually more concerned that I'll scare people off with my real-life clumsiness and social awkwardness. I don't need an ax when I have my mouth.
    "To me, you are perfect."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"