Breastfeeding

How long did you bleed? (TMI? and a bit vent-y)

I've heard that breastfeeding/pumping can make you bleed (postpartum) longer. I'm at almost 2 weeks pp now, and after every 2-3 pumping sessions, I get a gush of reddish/orange-ish goo. I wont have been bleeding all frickin' day, but every few pumping sessions, I gush! It's driving me absolutely crazy. I'm waiting to stop bleeding before hubby and I get back between the sheets, but the inconsistency of the bleeding frustrating the heck out of me. I also want to start on the minipill before the lovin' commences, but I don't want to start the pills if I'm going to be bleeding for another week. That's a week of lovin' I miss out on, lol, so I don't want to start them too soon. I really want to get some grooving on, but every time I get hopeful, I have a little mini period! Gah!

So, the point, how long did you bleed if you were BF/pumping?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: How long did you bleed? (TMI? and a bit vent-y)

• I stopped bleeding at 3 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bled for 4 weeks and I EBF. However, I didn't see any correlation to pumping or BFing and my bleeding pattern.  My Dr. also reccomended that we didn' have any sexual activity til 6 weeks PP.  But I also had a C-section.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (o6sy)

image    image

My Chart

BFP #1 - 6-2009 - edd 1-23-10 - mmc - discovered by u/s @ 13wks 2days - D&C
    BFP #2 - 10-15-2010 - Baby boy born 6-11-11
    BFP#3 - 6-2013 - edd 2-21-14 -mmc discovered by u/s @ 9 wks - D&C
    BFP #4 - 3-10-14 - edd 11-19-14 - natural miscarriage 4-10-14
    BFP #5 - 8-24-14 - edd 5-5-15 - Please be our RAINBOW!!! <3
    U/S 9-30 - baby measuring right on track, heart rate of 155bpm
    U/S 10-8 & 10-14 - baby is growing perfectly!
    10-20 - 151 bpm 10-31 153 bpm
    11-13 IT'S A BOY!!!!!
    12-11 & 12-18 - 144 bpm everything looked great at recheck of a/s
  • Loading the player...
  • I was still spotting as of my 6 week pp check-up and was told that if it went on for 2 more weeks that I'd probably need an ultrasound to see if it was just bleeding or some placenta that had been left behind (yuck) which would have required a D&C. I completely stopped bleeding 7 weeks and 6 days pp, lol saved by the bell.

Then I got AF back for real at 4 months pp! My body just loves to bleed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought I was done...until about 5 minutes ago. Im pissed. I wrecked some undies...oh well. Shoulda known better.
  • I bled for 6 weeks.
  • I stopped 2 days before my 6 week checkup. I was to the point I thought it would never end. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I bled for 6 weeks.  The last 2 or 3 weeks was more spotting than bleeding.  

You want to have sex already????  You're a wild one - It took a good 2 months before I wanted sex, then I had it, and it felt like I was tearing all over again!  I didn't actually want sex until closer to 6 months postpartum! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I bled 3 months and had to get on the regular pill in order to stop bleeding.  You shouldn't have sex for 6 weeks though.  Your body really needs to heal.  Plus, you are super susceptible to getting preggo again.  I know a few people that got pregnant that way.
  • Breastfeeding can actually make you heal faster post-partum. The act of pumping/baby suckling on breast creates hormones that cause the uterus to contract, and therefore, shrink back to normal size. So it's a good thing that every time you pump you are getting some bleeding. It means everything is clearing out of your system.

I bled for about 2 weeks. Give it some time girl, let yourself heal. Sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks for the bleeding to stop.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really bled for 2-3 weeks, then spotted for another week or two. Sometimes it would go away for two days and come back as heavy spotting, then go away, come back, etc. And yes, I ruined some undies, too.

I just have to say though, that you must have the libido of a stallion if you are ready to get it on at 2 weeks post partum. Good for you (and your DH, haha)! I am 7 weeks out now and just.not.interested. What turns me on right now is the thought of 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"