December 2010 Moms
Options

I have come to realize my mom likes to use guilt trips...

yes I am 37 years old and just realized my mom likes to control her children with guilt trips.  I am usually not a victim of these since I live a distance from them and do not see them all the time.  Prior to the boys I went and saw them every month- sometimes more. 

She and my DH had a falling out when the boys arrived- he thinks she over stepped her boundries- she thinks he is a pouty baby.  Anyway she texted that they are having a bbq this coming weekend- can we come?  I was honest and said that I didn't think so since we are trying to clean up and do repairs on our old house to get it ready for the market- and keep up with my new house.  She then texts " oh well I hope to see you for Thanksgiving"

I am more pissed the more I think of it.  I mean the roads go both ways- she can come visit me and the boys.  And hello your grandsons are going to be 1 the first of November- I am NOT having their party there--- it will be at my house so I suppose that she is not going to come....I feel the guilt trip beginning....

Re: I have come to realize my mom likes to use guilt trips...

• Options
    Oh, moms are great at this aren't they? Just a reminder to us not to be the same way with our kids. Yeah, I'd be totally annoyed by that passive aggressive response. Grrr!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    Hello passive aggressive! Moms are definitely good at that stuff. I just hope I never end up doing it to my own kids!
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    See, I have totally replied with something like "Sounds great, see you then!" just to be a smart a$$. :)

• Options
    ugh, my mom is totally passive aggressive. i also hope to never be that way.
  • Options
    id go for the smart a$$ response too.  "oh well, hope to see you at the first birthday party, but if not, thanksgiving might work!  we'll let you know! xo"
  • Options
    Actually, I think the ability to guilt trip gets put into place with an epidural.  It's why so many moms have the skill.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"