Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Chewing on blankets? Teething?

So my 11 week old started stuffing her security blanket in her mouth and chewing on it. I keep having to pull it out and she'll do it again. I mean it looks like she's chowing down on that poor zebra blanket haha. I was wondering if that is a sign of teething or do they just do that?? I'm just afraid of her getting lots of fuzz in her mouth but I can't not give her a blanket. All of her blankets have tiny fibers of one kind or another. I try to give her little teething toys but my guess is the blankets are the easiest for her to maneuver with her tiny little hands. Any ideas or moms dealing with the same things?

Re: Chewing on blankets? Teething?

• Options
    My daughter just started chewing on her clothes recently if she doesn't have a paci. I think with her it's more a sucking reflex than anything though? Seems early for teething.
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My LO has started doing that too about a week ago. He was crying while we were in the car one time and while I was looking for his pacifier I let him chew on his burp cloth. He instantly stopped crying and once I found it he refused to take it. He prefers putting his fingers, fists, and receiving blankets in his mouth instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO started that around 3 months with the drooling, stuffing hands, fingers and thumb in mouth, along with all the toys and blankets.  I think that's what they go through because she still doesn't have a tooth yet.
    Baby Birthday Tichttp://www.thebump.com/profiles/junebug555/settings/avatar/Index#ker Ticker
  • Options

I think it's more of a fixation. Mine likes to have everything in his mouth to taste or feel it. He likes toys and fingers and even our fingers (if they're clean). He gets excited when we suck on his hands for him too. :) It's a sensory exploration thing...

P.S. Ours likes to suck on taggies blankets - they're blankets made with colorful tags all the way around you can give to them. The actual blanket part is small and square so they won't suffocate on them. Ours was a gift but we found some at Target for a friend of ours with twins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO loves to chew on his blanket too!  I still swaddle him for sleep and he struggles and struggles until he gets the edge of his blanket in his mouth.  I wait until he falls asleep and then remove it/tuck it in.  The noises he makes trying to get it are so funny!  I wish they made a cloth pacifier of some type.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"