Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

6 week growth spurt at 7.5 weeks?

I am about to lose it!  My LO is such a poor sleeper in general.  It takes me hours to get him to nap, only to wake up in 20mins.  Usually, I can put him in his bassinet and turn on his mobile and he will just lay there for 30-40 mins while I eat quickly or just rest my arms.  But the last two days, he is fussier than normal which is awful b/c he is colicky as it is.  I am sooo exhausted and its started to get to me for the first time.  I feel overwhelmed. It doesn;t help to see my 4 friends who all recently had babies and they are sleeping angels and they look at me like what are you doing wrong? 

He is hungrier than normal and overtired.  Is it possible that he is going through his 6 week growth spurt late?  I didn't notice any change when he was 6 weeks.  Partly bc he is colicky so he is overall a needy baby. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 6 week growth spurt at 7.5 weeks?

• Options
    It's totally possible! I think my LO just went through his. He's a preemie so he hits these milestones at totally random times. I know it's extremely overwhelming but it does get better. Do you have anyone who could take LO for a bit to give you a break?
  • Options

imagehepcats:
    It's totally possible! I think my LO just went through his. He's a preemie so he hits these milestones at totally random times. I know it's extremely overwhelming but it does get better. Do you have anyone who could take LO for a bit to give you a break?

Nope.  My husband works really long hours so I'm home by myself all day long and by the time he gets home, I'm getting LO ready to go down to sleep.  I keep telling myself it'll get better but it just seems to be getting harder.  He used to play in his bassinet for a little bit and now he won't even do that.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"