September 2011 Moms

Should I give the pacifier back?

DD hasn't used a pacifier to sleep with since April. We quit it cold turkey and she did fine. For the past month or so, for unknown and frustrating reasons, she is having a hard time napping. She has taken a nap twice in the past week. (And she used to take a daily nap 2-3 hours long no problem). My question is, should I try to give her the pacifier back? I don't know what is keeping her from sleeping. I laid her down today and she has gabbed, sang, and called for Daddy. I hate to give it back to her when she's done so well, but I don't know what else to do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Should I give the pacifier back?

• Sorry. I posted this on the wrong board. Can you tell I'm almost 36 weeks preggo and tired? *sigh*
  • Don't give it back. If it's been gone since April, I doubt it's causing the current sleep issue, and she would likely just see it as a toy, which would probably keep her awake. 

How dark is her room? We were having issues with DD's napping and tossed some sheets up on the windows to make it darker, which seemed to help. Otherwise just keep being consistent - nap at the same time, in the same place, after the same pre-nap routine. You could also try playing some soft music or running a fan or other white noise to block out noises from the house or outside if you think she might be distracted by that. 

GL, I know nap issues are frustrating! 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSarahB2006:
    Sorry. I posted this on the wrong board. Can you tell I'm almost 36 weeks preggo and tired? *sigh*

I just responded without even realizing what board it was... I'll join you in the pregnant tired club :) 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have had black out curtains since forever. Her ceiling fan is on but I dont know how she'd do with more noise. We have kept the same pre-nap routine so it's more frustrating that I dont know what is wrong. Nothing has changed with her routine. I am just hoping it's a phase and she starts napping again once the baby comes? (*crossing my fingers*)
  • Maybe she senses a big change coming, with all the baby prep going on? I think that's been part of my DD's issue - she was napping 3-3.5 hours in the afternoon, but then we moved to a new house and started getting out all the baby gear and suddenly she's cut that nap in half and is waaay overtired. She's still sleeping well at night, so I've tried to just go with it and hope it resolves itself, but a cranky toddler is no fun!
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know it's tempting, but DON"T DO IT!  I know how you feel and I know it would be so easy to give in...but she'll get over this bump and probably be sleeping again soon.

Good luck and hang in there!

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"