Austin Babies

Cold sore treatment recs, please

I have one and it's been years since my last one. Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cold sore treatment recs, please

• Valtrex is the only thing that works for me, but it's a Rx and you need a prescription from your doc.  And really, it only helps when you take it right when you notice you have one.

I've heard dabbing some everclear on it will help dry it up.  And oragel to numb it if it's really hurting.

I get them all the time, and I've been getting them more and more frequently, and I haaaate them.  :(

• We use abre via on our eldest at the first sign of a sore, and it works really well. It's OTC and available everywhere.
  • Loading the player...
  • Abreva at the first sign, tea tree oil, and burts bees lib balm.  Hydrogen peroxide and neosporin as it's healing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • Another Valtrex fan here.  Get a scrip to have on hand and pop one as soon as you feel it coming on.  But Abreva helps a lot if you don't have the RX.  I actually use both at the first sign of one popping up.  I loathe cold sores, so I hope yours clears quickly!

• Abreva doesn't really work so well for me.  Ditto the Valtrex RX, it works wonders!  I've gotten an RX for Zovirax, too, it's a cream and also works really well.  Tea tree oil if you can't get an RX for the others. 

Hope it goes away soon, these are the worst.  I always get so pissed off when I feel one coming on.

• Thanks ladies! I called Dr. S's office and they were calling in a RX for valtrex. Even since we've moved they have been amazing! I love that office!
  • imagemeg120510:
    Thanks ladies! I called Dr. S's office and they were calling in a RX for valtrex. Even since we've moved they have been amazing! I love that office!

I know, right?  I don't know where I would be without them. :)

• imagebrideonjuly8:

imagemeg120510:
    Thanks ladies! I called Dr. S's office and they were calling in a RX for valtrex. Even since we've moved they have been amazing! I love that office!

I know, right?  I don't know where I would be without them. :)

They are so amazing!  We are going to see him for our next pregnancy, even though we are in the DFW area.  I was so happy when he agreed to it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"