October 2011 Moms

So when it comes to going into labor...

I'm pretending like it isn't that bad, and so far it is actually working. I'm much more calm about the whole deal than I was a couple weeks ago. I think if I keep it up, the labor wont be that bad. I feel like we build it up to be so awful that it makes it worse!

Just thought I'd share my crazy. :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: So when it comes to going into labor...

• its really not that bad at all
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I call it my denial labour plan, there is no point in freaking myself out about how bad it is going to be, because it is going to happen no matter what.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  It is painful.  very painful.  Not gonna lie.  But I am a very "take things as they come" type of person and don't feel the need to think about it much until it happens.  Worrying won't do any good.  And I will get through it when the time comes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejwls84:
    I call it my denial labour plan, there is no point in freaking myself out about how bad it is going to be, because it is going to happen no matter what.

This. I was not thinking about labor at all until people started to bring it up and pretty much asking me about my birth plan.. Oh and of course sharing horror stories. So now it does pop into my head from time to time and I just try to not think about it.. Because really it's not going to do me any good to stress about it and I wan to go in open minded and just go with the flow.. 

Baby #1: m/c at 5 weeks (2011)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby #3: missed m/c found at 11.5 weeks (2013)
    Baby #4: missed m/c at 10 weeks (2013)
    Baby #5: m/c at 6 weeks (2014)
    Baby #6: Saw a heartbeat at 7w, baby stopped growing at 7w1d, found at 8w u/s : d&c  (2014)

Hoping for my lucky #7 (one last try!)
  • I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and it has definitely helped me to relax about it.

In fact, it's really helped me realize how much relaxation during labor is important. So I just go with it.

• imageLauriJean_2009:

I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and it has definitely helped me to relax about it.

In fact, it's really helped me realize how much relaxation during labor is important. So I just go with it.

This is so true.

• imagejwls84:
    I call it my denial labour plan, there is no point in freaking myself out about how bad it is going to be, because it is going to happen no matter what.

This is what I keep telling myself.  It's going to happen whether I want it to or not, so I'm just not going to freak out or worry about.   

• I wasn't thinking about it until last week when my sister in law had her baby, and I went to the hospital right when she was born.  Then it became a lot more real to me, as I too have been avoiding thinking about labor.

Here's my thoughts on it though - it's done thousands of times a day, and many people do it more than once.  So it can't be that bad.  And there's horror stories out there, sure, but most people I talk to have pretty smooth labors.  Is it going to hurt?  Yes - but I'm sure many of you, like myself, have been through some physically & mentally painful things.  At least at the end of this, you get a baby! =-)

• imageLauriJean_2009:

I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and it has definitely helped me to relax about it.

Totally. This book was great!

Also, labor is a purposeful pain with an end so I'm not scared by it. I know it will hurt, but all worth it in the end.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLauriJean_2009:

Agreed. This book calmed me down a lot and made me confident that I can actually do this! 

• I just keep telling myself my mom made it though. My grandmother made it through. I can make it through it, too!
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"