Natural Birth

2cm. dilated and 75% effaced ?

Ok so my midwife noticed that the baby had dropped and I have been have a ton of Braxton Hicks, so I asked her to check me and I am 2cm dilated and 75% effaced. I am 36 weeks and my DD came at 36 1/2 weeks.  

My sister lives out of town and I would really like her to be here when I do go into labor.  My question is, Is it too early to tell her to come? She can get off work for about a week.  Or is there really no way to tell?  What would you do?

We will walk by faith

Re: 2cm. dilated and 75% effaced ?

• I know you don't want to hear this, but I just think there is no way of knowing.  How much notice would your sister need?  Could you call her when labor starts?  That's what we did with my DH's parents.
  • Dilation and effacement mean nothing until you are in labor.  Some women have been known to walk around at 4 cm for weeks.

I would wait.  Just because you had your first that early does not mean this one will do the same. 

GL

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Loading the player...
  • I would wait. My DD came at 37w, and two days before I was "high and closed". I walked around at 3cm for 2w with DS (my second born) who came at 39w. Is she in driving distance?

• I wouldn't tell her to come.  Cervical dilation is really not a good indicator of when you will go into labor.  I know several people that were at 3cm for 5 weeks+ and all of them ended up having to be induced.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone,  that's what I thought, but I just got excited!  I'm going to at least hold off through the weekend.  See if anything happens.  I am feeling some mild contractions though so we'll see.
    We will walk by faith
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"