Babies: 9 - 12 Months

WDYT. Was I too harsh?

Re: WDYT. Was I too harsh?

• Did she take a page from the Brittney Spears parenting play book?

"Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, you were.  She admitted it was a mistake and she (apparently) feels horrible.  I doubt she'll do something like that again.

But the self-righteousness in that post is unbelievable.  She made a mistake.  She learned from it.  She won't do it again.  No need to beat her up about it. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageCinemaGoddess:

Yes, you were.  She admitted it was a mistake and she (apparently) feels horrible.  I doubt she'll do something like that again.

But the self-righteousness in that post is unbelievable.  She made a mistake.  She learned from it.  She won't do it again.  No need to beat her up about it. 

This exactly

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Absolutely
  • imagekirky05:
    Judgmental much? I have accidentally turned my baby monitor off in my sleep on more than one occasion - she probably thought she would have heard him if he was waking up.

I've turned it off once and turned it down to the lowest volume once -- both in my sleep!  Glad I'm not the only one!

• imageCinemaGoddess:

Yes, you were.  She admitted it was a mistake and she (apparently) feels horrible.  I doubt she'll do something like that again.

THIS. She gets it. Move on. 

imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • Yes, but I'm sure you already know that or you wouldn't have asked.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • yes. DD is sleeping in her swing in the other room as we speak. (granted, I'm not sleeping... but still). It was a mistake. It happened. Its over. She doesn't need a lecture, she feels bad enough as it is.
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKaylaO1024:

imagekirky05:
    Judgmental much? I have accidentally turned my baby monitor off in my sleep on more than one occasion - she probably thought she would have heard him if he was waking up.

I've turned it off once and turned it down to the lowest volume once -- both in my sleep!  Glad I'm not the only one!

I don't even turn the damn thing on anymore. The boy has a set of lungs on him. He is down the stairs and down the hall and we have NO problem hearing him without it! One of these days I'll be so sleep deprived I'll sleep through his screams...
  • imageCinemaGoddess:

this

• Where is our resident judgy mcjudgerson? Cyn - what say you? Was OP too harsh in her response? What's your take on the other OP? Would this fly on your fb?
  • Uhm, yeah.  I agree that what occurred was completely avoidable.  I don't think I used the swing for DD at 6 months of age because she was too mobile and could get out of it.  However, mistakes happen - no matter what the situation and no matter how watchful you think you are being.   
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagejessie395:
    Yes, but I'm sure you already know that or you wouldn't have asked.

I disagree.  I think she wanted us all to swoop in and validate her. 

• imagescoutkate:

imagejessie395:

This, for sure.

• I think yes. She was scared and it was an accident. Everyone makes mistakes in parenting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagescoutkate:

imagejessie395:

I dunno... Wasn't she the one that called people's babies ugly?  I think she just responded that way for shock value.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenlionberger:
    imagescoutkate:

imagejessie395:

I dunno... Wasn't she the one that called people's babies ugly?  I think she just responded that way for shock value.

Was she?  Her SN carries not-so-great connotations for me but for the life of me I can't remember why. 

• imagescoutkate:
    imagenlionberger:
    imagescoutkate:

imagejessie395:

Was she?  Her SN carries not-so-great connotations for me but for the life of me I can't remember why. 

I'm pretty sure.  I think it was one of the FFFC threads maybe?  I suck at finding links.

• imagescoutkate:
    imagenlionberger:
    imagescoutkate:

imagejessie395:

That's why I said what I did. I remember her as being a sh*t stirrer, and I do believe it was her that said some of the babies on the board was ugly.

my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Well, there was this:

https://media.community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/1/51053242/ShowThread.aspx

But I'm not sure what her original post was about.  Something to do with weight, I presume.

• imagekirky05:
    This post is about as embarrassing as waving back at someone who was waving at the person behind you.

Hahaha.

Or responding to the bathroom-stall-talker. 

• No. I don't think I was being too harsh at all.

And, yes, I'm glad I could liven things up around here.

• imagescoutkate:
    imagenlionberger:
    imagescoutkate:

imagejessie395:

Pretty sure she's the ugly baby caller outer, and there was something else, but I can't remember what. I remember that sn in a negative way, too.

• imagekirky05:
    This post is about as embarrassing as waving back at someone who was waving at the person behind you.

::starts to wave, then awkwardly lowers hand and tucks hair behind ear::

What? I was just fixing my hair. 

• imagegiantsgirl55:

No. I don't think I was being too harsh at all.

Then why the fvck did you ask?

• imagegiantsgirl55:

Then why did you ask?

::side-eye::

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imageames17:
    imagegiantsgirl55:

Then why the fvck did you ask?

Duh.  Validation! 

• imageames17:
    imagescoutkate:
    imagenlionberger:
    imagescoutkate:

imagejessie395:

Pretty sure she's the ugly baby caller outer, and there was something else, but I can't remember what. I remember that sn in a negative way, too.

Why do I want to say it had something to do with she didnt get how people can't lose their baby weight or something like that?

• This post is as embarrassing as sneeze-farting in a crowded bus and knowing everyone knows it was you. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• imagekirky05:
    This post is as embarrassing as saying, "You too" to the waiter when he tells you to enjoy your meal.

Lolz, I do that all the time. 

• imageDeerHunter79:
    imageames17:
    imagescoutkate:
    imagenlionberger:
    imagescoutkate:

imagejessie395:

Why do I want to say it had something to do with she didnt get how people can't lose their baby weight or something like that?

Was she the one who went to see her ex and he commented on her weight or something?

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"