Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

is this a lot of water for a toddler?

My son is super active, never stops moving, and runs everywhere.  So I never thought much about how much water he was drinking until the daycare provider was shocked when I told her.  In addition to the 18 ozs of milk he drinks every day, he drinks 16-20ozs of water too.  He asks for it on his own ("wawa"), I never push it but he will throw a fit if I try to take it away before he is done.  I do make sure he doesn't chug it right before a meal so it doesn't fill him up and decreases what he eats.  Is this amount of water really unusual?  Nothing wrong with it though, right?  TIA.

Re: is this a lot of water for a toddler?

• DD won't drink milk but I have seen her put away 40-50 oz of water some days. I don't have a problem with it, especially considering how hot it is outside.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS will drink about 16-20oz of water in a day
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing wrong.  Especially since he is asking for it.  When I asked the pedi how much water DS should be getting... she just said to let him have water whenever he is thirsty and not to worry too much about the quantity.  As long as you don't force it on him - it's fine.  DS drinks a ton of water also.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think its normal. DD drinks 16oz of milk per day and will drink 16oz-20oz of water/day as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"