February 2012 Moms

Sleep problems?

I usually sleep like the dead- lights out at 10:00 and I don't stire again until it's time to go to work. Suddenly in the last week I just can't sleep. I find that I have crazy dreams and then am stuck awake (they're more about work or generic stress than anything else and don't seem baby related). I get hot and then cold. I just don't get it.

Is anyone else having issues? Have you found any tricks that are helping? I'm assuming that this has to do with biological changes, but I just don't know.

Can we take melatonin or is that a no-no? I just am exhuasted right now- though I suppose this is good training for new born.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep problems?

• I have such an effed up sleeping pattern as it is (don't fall asleep until 3 or 4am..up around noon)..but last night I just could not get comfy.  I don't know what the deal is. 

Speaking of dreams...holy crap, Batman.  These dreams are crazy!! 

-Liss EED (Estimated Eviction Date): February 18th, 17th, 21st and now the 14th. Who knows...they change the date every appointment! BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~February 2012~Siggy Challenge~Favorite Halloween Candy~
    My Sometimes Updated Belly Blog
  • O the dreams! I just txted my friend that she was the main star last night! Educating me on arctic animals while running around drunk off her behind! Nothing baby related - just extremely strange! I usually wake up twice during the night now - and I try to just roll over and fall asleep again. So far that's working, but it puts me off my schedule and I tend to sleep in. I am starting back at work tomorrow so that has to change real quick!
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Loading the player...
  • I can't get comfortable these days.  I'm trying to sleep on my side now and it's just not comfy for me.  Then I get up at least twice a night to pee and I'm STARVING so early in the morning.  I haven't had the dreams yet, but def. not sleeping the way I used to.
  • I've always had sleep problems and they have gotten nothing but worse with pregnancy.  I talked to the doc...melatonin is a no-no (that's what I used pre-preg) but she said take tylenol pm (makes me groggy) or half a benedryl.  I am going to try the benedryl this weekend to see how it makes me feel because I can't make it through the work day these days. 
  • I go to sleep exhausted by 10 wake up at 1230 to pee and force myself to go back to sleep, wake up 1 go pee force myself to sleep again. At around 2 sometimes, if I'm lucky, 3 I'm up. I used to get up and watch tv but now I lay in bed and wait for H's alarm to go off at 4. Then come 7 am go back to sleep and sleep til 12. Clearly I'm not working.

Tylenol pm doesn't make me sleep any longer than I do. I joke that I think my body is preparing me for motherhood because from 1-3 baby is moving around. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I sucked it up and ordered a pregnancy pillow several weeks ago (the Snoogle) and that has actually helped me a lot. I'm now only waking up once in the middle of the night to pee me, rather than basically every hour on the hour.

And I agree about the dreams. They are nuts! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor
  • I've always been a heavy sleeper-- never woke up to pee, eat, storms etc.   Now, I'm up all the time.  At least once to pee, often so hungry I get up and eat something.

I don't understand why we don't sleep better in preg.  You'd think our bodies would say "oh, I should bank up on sleep because soon I won't be getting long stetches of sleep."  At least, that makes the most sense to me.  Stick out tongue

BabyFruit Ticker

• Benadryl helps me sleep. It also helps with the 2nd tri stuffiness and constant sneezing! Bonus!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"