Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Blurry vision while breastfeeding! Tell me I'm not the only one!

OK, so I have always had perfect vision, tested 20/20. Now I can hardy see out of my right eye and my left is a little bit blurry too! All I can think is its because the baby is sucking the nutrients out of me. The vision got really bad last night after I went swimming in an indoor salt-water with chlorine pool. Has anyone experienced this? My eye appointment is not until next Wednesday and I can't find any info on the web.
image image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Blurry vision while breastfeeding! Tell me I'm not the only one!

• The baby is sucking away your good vision?! Are you kidding?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It might be that you're not eating enough when breastfeeding.  Sometimes if I didn't eat enough I would feel dizzy or a little blurry.  That's all I can think of.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Your eyes rely on glucose for nutrition, so if you have't eaten for a while and your blood sugar level is low then your vision can get blurry and your eyes will feel tired and achy. But if it's ongoing despite eating regularly, then odds are something else is going on and I doubt it would be tied to breastfeeding/nutrition issues especially if you are taking vitamins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a stigmatism and my pregnancy made it worse. I had to get new glasses. Tongue Tied
  • I know this thread is old, but I'm posting here in case anyone else is looking for the same advice. I didn't find a lot of info on the web but you should read this article:
    https://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20412067,00.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"