Food Allergy

For those who have kiddos with a MPI when did you/have you...

introduced cows milk? or when are you thinking of doing so. DD is now 11 months. We have veerrryyy slowly eased her from Nutramigen to Gentlease (with a week of diarriha), then verrryyy slowly introduced cheese and yogurt (with no ill effects). Dr. seems to think now is the time to intro WCM, again very slowly (like 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz and so on) because she is refusing the formula. 

I am nervous! Have any of you done this yet (how did it go)? Or do you plan to (if so, how)?

Guess I am looking for someone in the same boat! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: For those who have kiddos with a MPI when did you/have you...

• Both my kids had MSPI.  My son was 18 months before we were able to get him off of Alimentum and onto cow's milk.  My daughter made the switch without trouble at 11 months.  My opinion is that if your child is having trouble with milk-based formula, take it back out of the diet.  A week of diarrhea means the body just isn't handling it well.  I don't agree with the idea that the body "just needs to get used to" a food (something my extended family won't stop harping on - ugh!).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were told to start after he turns 1 yr old.
    DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has MSPI, and we will not be introducing WCM when he turns one. We have a GI Pedi appointment in a few weeks, and I'm sure she'll give us the details on how to do it. Am I nervous? Heck yes!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBC&MM:
    We were told to start after he turns 1 yr old.

This.  We were also told it would be a slow transition to WCM/other dairy products. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"