November 2011 Moms

2nd or more time moms ? re stitches

This will be my 2nd time delivering (hopefully) vaginally.  I didn't tear or need any stitches the first time around.  Did any 2nd or more moms tear or need stitches after their 2nd delivery but not the first?  I am hoping I don't have to go through the added pain of that but am aware that anything is possible during delivery!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd or more time moms ? re stitches

• I had a third degree tear with internal tearing with my first and needed a lot of stitches. 

With my second I had a "skidmark" and they gave me the option of getting a stitch or two or just keeping my legs together and not taking stairs for a few days.  I chose to skip the stitches.

The pain from tearing wasn't that bad.  I was a lot more swollen initially and I used my peri bottle for a few days longer, but painwise it really wasn't that bad. 

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • That eases my mind a lot!  I had severe cramping/contractions after coming home from the hospital with my first and am expecting the same this time and hope not to have any excessive pains down below - thank god for pain meds though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No. With my first, I had a third degree tear and with my second just two stiches. Recovery was a breeze after the second.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"