Natural Birth

Would you rather have a natural birth or have an epordoral?

I had my first 2 kids all natural. I will have this one all natural also. I hate needles. I am 35 weeks.

Re: Would you rather have a natural birth or have an epordoral?

• DS#1 I was induced and got an epidural.  DS#2- med free and it was just a much better experience.  DS#1 had to be taken away to have his breathing monitored and was jaundiced, both of which could have been contributed to by the medications. 
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had two very good experiences, one with an epi (got it at 10cm, whoops) and one med-free.

I guess I consider my med-free labour a better experience, but that is likely because it was so short (2.5 hrs compared to 9 hours).  I had no beef with the epi at all.  I could feel the contractions, totally felt the baby coming out, could move around just fine on the bed (not numb from the waist down).  Both kids were healthy and alert after delivery.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Loading the player...
  • i think we'd all rather go med-free which is why we're on this board, no?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepreppymama:
    i think we'd all rather go med-free which is why we're on this board, no?

Yes 

• imagetericalkins:

I MENT epidural

Do you mean MEANT?? 

• agree with PP

We rather keep it natural if possible, it's better for the baby and for the mom. In case where you need to have it, or you feel you have to have it, you won't be judged, but in terms of I could choose between a med free natural birth and one with an epidural, I would (and am) doing everything possible not to get one i.e. pain management techniques, etc.

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • I've had both and hands down prefer med-free.  My epidural was text book and I can't complain about it at all but the entire birth experience of going med-free was so freaking awesome that I really regret choosing the epidural the first time around. 
  • imagepreppymama:

True.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• imageSharon21:
    imagetericalkins:

I MENT epidural

Do you mean MEANT?? 

LOL

OP- this is the NATURAL BIRTH board.  Why do you think we are all here???

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• I would like to first have an epordoral, then AROM, then patoesin, then a see-sekshun. Just so I get the whole experience.
  • imagenursecramer:
    I would like to first have an epordoral, then AROM, then patoesin, then a see-sekshun. Just so I get the whole experience.

lol. <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCheriCO:

imagepreppymama:

Yes 

That's what I was just thinking. :)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I had #1 with an epi.  #2 med-free in the hospital.  #3 at home (med-free obv).  Now that I've experienced all those options I will choose home for future babies if possible. 

• I'd rather have a med-free birth.

I'm not afraid of needles or it being in my spine. I had to have a spinal tap a few years ago, they just take fluid out instead of put medicine in. Anyways, I'm more afraid of being cathed and not being able to walk around.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i had an epidural, that ended up not working.  so i went natural and loved every minute of it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"