May 2011 Moms

Q about DS's boy parts

I was changing DS before bed tonight and noticed a teeny tiny smear of blood on his diaper.  I examined him closely and noticed that under his penis the skin looked a little cracked, but not really irritated looking.  I took a clean cotton swab and gently touched the skin to see if that was where the blood was coming from, and it was.

He already had a bath, so I just made sure to clean it well (yet gently) with the wipe and then put A&D ointment on it.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm thinking that I need to be more diligent about cleaning under his peep during diaper changes.  I'll call his pedi in the morning to see if there is anything else I can do.  Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else's ds, and what you did to keep it from happening in the future.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Q about DS's boy parts

• Sounds like a bad spot of diaper rash. Does he stay in a soiled diaper long? When we used disposable diapers we put rash cream on for every change, plus a little powder to keep from chafing.
  • W has a build-up of dry,flaky skin under his penis. I used to think it was a buildup of powder, but it happens on days I dont use powder too. Everynight at bath time I lift his penis and wipe it gently with the washcloth.  It sounds like maybe yours is a little irritated. Take care of it for a few days and then clean it daily. Obvi if it doesnt clear up, talk to your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like diaper rash - agree with PPs.  

I do the same - wash well under the peep and booty durin bath time, and have been more diligent with butt paste/A&D.  Powder the peep to keep from chafing.  

Good luck! 

• It could be diaper rash, but I know we had issues with where his circumcision was  for a long time, the kind kept getting stuck and we would have to pull it back or else it would start to chaff. They eventually got an ointment from his pedi for it. 
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks for the input everyone.  I think it is a mild case of diaper rash.  I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't evolve into something worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"