Pre-School and Daycare

preschool snacks

DS started preschool last week and the children alternate bringing snack.  Wouldn't ya know it,  he has the first turn - tomorrow.  The note home says one snack, one drink and that they can't be from the same food group.  I was under the impression one of the items needed to be from the dairy food group, but on the first day of school the teachers provided snack and they had graham crackers and apple juice.  Drink choices are pretty much milk or 100% juice.  I'm totally fine with that, but having a hard time thinking of ideas other than standard.  Fresh fruit, string cheese, graham crackers...

What ideas do you have? 

*DS probably won't have a turn for another month or two, but thought I would start a list for ideas.  Thanks!

Re: preschool snacks

• DD's preschool assigns snacks for the parents to bring.  Here are some things on the menu for the month (we are a nut free school):

Wheat Things

Mini Rice Cakes

Bananas

Cheese Sticks

Plain Popcorn

Carrots and Dip

Grapes

Apple Cheerios

Keebler Club Crackers

Kix Cereal

Ritz Crackers

Apple Slices

Mini Bagles

Raisins

Animal Crackers

Triscuits

Celery Sticks

Strawberries

Goldfish

Life Cereal

Graham Crackers

Clemetines

Saltines

DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Carebear has a good list!

Sometimes we do Babybel cheese too

The kids like fun snacks as well like the dog-bone scooby cookies or the scrabble cheez-its.

• Loading the player...
  • something to consider---do any of the kids have food allergies??  Not sure if their mom is already giving them something separate--but fruit or oat products are generally safe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"