2nd Trimester
Options

Bleeding in 2nd/3rd tri?

I posted this on the Dec. board and 3rd tri too, but wanted to see if I could get others opinions.

So I've had spotting/bleeding on and off since July (around 20 weeks). Until last week, it was darker, brownish red and I've been to the doctor twice when it was fairly significant. Had swabs done and exams, and other than a softened cervix I was told that everything was fine. Had it checked out again (including internal exam and U/S) on Friday at my 26 week appt... same answer. Sunday night I had more heavy bleeding (bright red), almost like my period was just starting. I decided not to call ( I feel like at this point I am like a boy crying wolf since they tell me there is nothing wrong), but when I called today for my test results from Friday and shared with the nurse that I had some bleeding Sunday, she insisted I come in to be checked again. Doctor found nothing wrong, but told me it was likely a broken capillary and I needed to really take it easy, try not to lift my 2 year old, and generally stay off my feet. Arg. She told me this was likely my "warning" to take it easy, and that if I had the bright red bleeding again she would consider putting me on bedrest.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Part of me thinks that the Dr. is overreacting, but I also would hate not to heed her warning and have something bad happen.

Will baby #3 be another girl?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

]

Re: Bleeding in 2nd/3rd tri?

• Options

I just started spotting about two weeks ago again (I'm 26 weeks, and haven't had any spotting since week 6 or 7).  Mine started out brown, called my OB, went in and she said it was a polyp on my cervix that looked like it was on its way to coming off.  She said I might see a little more brown spotting, but not to worry.  Fast forward one week - spotting had almost gone away.  I went to the bathroom in the morning, and there was bright red blood on the tissue.  Went BACK in - same issue.  They are having me come in for an ultrasound, but they're not concerned.  It's just a safety precaution.  I am not really worried either, since I feel the baby moving all the time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have had bleeding on and off since 10 weeks due to a subchorionic hematoma.  Take it from someone who is already on modified bed rest: take it easy now!!!

Once you are put on bed rest, you are so restricted.  It is very difficult, especially with another LO in your life.  She told you to take it easy for a reason, I would listen, this way you are not banished to your bedroom and you keep the LO in your tummy safe.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't had this experience but why take the chance?  I don't think anyone can answer this so that's why your doc is taking the precautions.  Wouldn't you rather your doctor overreact and your LO stay inside nice n' safe (and FULL TERM!) than "oops!  You're dilated and in labor....guess that bleeding meant you were going too hard!"

To me, it's a no-brainer:  listen to your doc.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Going through it right now.  Started happening last week. (I'm at 19 weeks tomorrow).  Hasn't been bright red.. hopefully won't be. It's just been bloody tinged dischaged. Been seen twice .. once in OB's office and one at OB Triage.. all is fine.. cervix hard and long and fine.. baby fine.  Still happening.. still frustrated. Big ultrasound is tomorrow. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"