Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

D&C help, went great, period symptoms 1 wk later w/leaky nipples!!!??

A week ago Tuesday was my D&C, felt like it went really well, barely needed a panty liner for days.  (Sorry, this whole thing is TMI)

Exactly a week later which was yest, I noticed all the pms symptoms, slightly sore boobs included, moodiness (on top of grief, not a pretty thing) feeling bloated and slightly headachy with a stiff lower back.  I started to have a  good bit of dark brown blood, which is still continuing today.

I have read its possible to get your period soon after, but I dont think its a true period if my nipples (!!!Didnt know to expect THAT???) have started leaking, meaning hormones cant be downt that fast?  I dont know, I go to the doc Friday for a post op appt, but wondering if this happened to any of you?  (And my condolences that it did at all).  Or is this all typical to show up a week after the procedure?

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 6/12/11, MMC@ around 9wks, D&C 8/23/11 at 12wks BFP#2 Jan 2012 CP 1/19/12 **Miss you baby*** PGAL/PAL Very Welcome For I know the plans I have for you,

Re: D&C help, went great, period symptoms 1 wk later w/leaky nipples!!!??

• Options
    I didn't have a D&C I had my little one naturally ( a 19 week loss) but I did have milk to come in.  It was terrible because it was a reminder that my body didn't know that my baby wasn't with me.  After about a week it went away.  You can ice them to take some of the swelling out if they are really swollen.  I think there's something you can do with cabbage that works too but I'm not sure about that one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for responding, It IS terrible, not uncomfortable fortunately, but I absolutely hate it, this weird awful reminder that PART of my body was ready to respond the way it was supposed to.  Oh well.  I am sorry about your loss, almost 20 weeks!! I am not going to feel safe at the end of the first trimester, imo, there is no magic safe week.  I plan on trying again asap, and am afraid I am going to be a worrywart the whole dang time.
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 6/12/11, MMC@ around 9wks, D&C 8/23/11 at 12wks BFP#2 Jan 2012 CP 1/19/12 **Miss you baby*** PGAL/PAL Very Welcome For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it's any comfort, leaky nipples aren't necessarily pregnancy related. My left boob has been leaking since February, but I didn't get pregnant until July. I think it's natural to worry a lot the next time you get pregnant...I know I'll be stressed about every little thing. We're probably going to be trying again immediately, too. The PGAL board will probably be a huge help. Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"