Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Wish me luck and any advice?

We are flying back to NM tomorrow for my sister's wedding.  It is the first time we have flown with LO and the first time we have flown with 3 kids.  I'm not worried about the older two, but K is at the age where she isn't too happy to just sit and chill in my lap...hopefully she will manage ok on the plane, the second flight is 3.5 hours...yikes!!!  Any ideas to keep her happy?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wish me luck and any advice?

• Options

Drug her.

Kidding. Does the second flight happen to be around nap time or even close to nap time? I wish you luck. There is no way Jay would sit still on my lap for 3 hours.

Do you guys feed puffs or anything? That usually works with Jay if we need him to hang on for a second while we finish something or if we go out to dinner. A few puffs can hold him over for 5 or 10 mins.

GL

• Options

Ahhh, we're flying tomorrow too and I'm just as nervous. We flew with Em once already when she was 2 months old and luckily she slept the whole time. She's all social now, so I just know she's going to be awake and trying to talk to everyone around us...

My biggest thing was making sure that she had a big bottle RIGHT as the plane was taking off down the runway. The sucking kept her ears from popping, and the food settled her down for the flight. We're going to be packing a few toys and blankets for the ride, and if worse comes to worse I have the Baby Silencer app on my iPhone.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! Maybe buy some new toys that Kelsy has never seen before. I know Beckett gets bored with his same old toys, so on long car rides, I'll try to give him a new toy. That usually tides him over for a while at least. Books work sometimes too, just another new thing to look at. Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagePenDun:
    Good luck! Maybe buy some new toys that Kelsy has never seen before. I know Beckett gets bored with his same old toys, so on long car rides, I'll try to give him a new toy. That usually tides him over for a while at least. Books work sometimes too, just another new thing to look at. Have fun!

Maybe a good neckless that she could chew on. Jay could be occupied for a while with a neckless.

• Options

When we flew I brought a new electronic toy (which we never broke out) just in case. Some other things that I found good... got him giggling during landing, which kept his ears popping (this only worked one one flight, since it depends on his mood.) Shared my sandwich with him (so ditto pp about food), had various other toys for playing with. He also liked looking out the window (and I was happier to have a window seat so we wouldn't have to move after boarding, this probably is not the same for you, since you sound like there is a few of you traveling.)

I also had him in the wrap boarding on the way to our destination, and in a ring sling on the way home. I found the wrap way easier to manage, which is funny since the ring sling is usually better for quick in and out situations. 

Lots of luck and enjoy your trip!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"