Stay at Home Moms

Your CAT

I've asked this before, but its like i need regular reassurance.

If you have a cat, does he or she ever run around like a maniac late at night?  gazing up in corners?  meowing like a total lunatic?  pawing at hard surfaces like (s)he is trying to escape reality?

Re: Your CAT

• yep. that is totally normal cat behavior. There's even a name for it...Midnight Crazies (or Cat Crazies)

They're nocturnal animals.

We've got a houseful right now - our two old furniture-like cats, a 1 year old mama cat, and her 3 nurslings. The latter 4 are trapped in our back bathroom and the chaos they cause between when we put them "to bed" and when we go in there in the morning is INSANE.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I laughed out loud at that.

Thanks.

• Loading the player...
  • Whenever I've had cats (growing up, etc), they always had the night crazies.  Run in circles, take off in strange directions out of the blue, etc.  The younger they are, usually the more rambunctious it is.  My parents cat is like 18 and he really doesn't do this at all now.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 3 cats, and one of them does that regularly.  She is the 'crazy' cat.  We also have an 'obnoxious, PITA' cat, and a 'pathetic, toothless runt' cat.  They all drive me crazy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes. We say he's running the Kitty 500. Not as much now that he's getting older (age 7) but plenty of times when he was younger.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sometimes yes :)

maniac kitty at night sprinting like crazy around the house, running up the stairs like she's being chased by a monster.... overweight lazy kitty during the day...

When she was a kitten, she jumped so high on the walls at night. One morning, we literally found sh!t about 4 ft high on the wall. disgusting! but also kind of funny at the time (college).

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • We haven't had cats in our house for a few years but I remember them going a little crazy at times and we got a kick out of it!  DD#1 was 6 or 7 and thought it was so funny.  They'd run from one end of the house to the other and we learned to get the heck out of the way, lol.
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How old is your cat?  My dog does this and the gazing at corners thing, especially, was an early sign of his dementia.  Unfortunately, his dementia is pretty bad now.  I didn't know at the time that it was an early sign.  I've only learned that recently as we've begun working with and treating his dementia.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Well, now that I actually read the other posts, it sounds like my post about dementia is totally unfounded!  I did have a cat though and he never did this.  He slept all night in our bed every night.  Guess he was not the norm!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"