1st Trimester
Options

New with question about O times

Hi everyone. I'm new to The Bump. I got my BFP on Friday the 26th. It was a huge surprise and we're so thrilled! We were actually going to start TTC in Sept! My question is according to my calendar where I've been tracking AF since Feb '11, AF started July 29th and was over Aug 1st (strange period! usually they are 6 days long for me) I O'd on the 13th and my "most fertile times' were the 8th-13th. DH and I DTD on the 2nd, a whole 7 days before my fertile time and 12 days before O. We did not DTD the entire O week and then started DTD daily on the 17th. I can't get in to see my OB until Sept 19th. They will not see me any earlier because I am not high risk. So, I was wondering could I have O'd at a completely different time? Or could we have gotten pregnant in July instead of august? Or!! Can sperm really live for up to 2 weeks before fertilization and an egg for days after O? I am so confused as to when I got pregnant! 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: New with question about O times

• Options

From my understanding you can ovulate early or late. I was supposed to ovulate July 19, but my ultrasound I had done says based on the baby's growth it was probably about 3 days later that I actually ovulated.

Or it's entirely possible you were prego in July and didn't know it yet.

I don't think sperm can live quite that long. I think the longest is 72 hours.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With out charting our using OPK's it's hard to know for certain when you O'd.  Hopefully you can get a better timeline once you see the doctor! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sperm can live 3-6 days (depending on the man). I Ovulate very late in my cycle, you may be early.

Congratulations! 

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Options

imageACC0512:
    With out charting our using OPK's it's hard to know for certain when you O'd.  Hopefully you can get a better timeline once you see the doctor! :)

This.  Unless you are charting, you don't really know your exact O date.  As PP said, some times you can O earlier and sometimes later.  The dr will most likely go by your LMP until they check you on an u/s. 

Congrats and Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a GIRL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My guess is you O'd late making your 17th BD within the fertile window
  • Options
    Yes, you could have.  What makes you think you Od on 8/13?  Most likely that's wrong.  I doubt you got pregnant in July, then bled for 3-4 days and stayed pregnant.

If you were just using OPKs and that's why you think you Od on 8/13, you didn't O then.  If you actually saw a temp spike starting 8/14, then that's firm proof that you did O then and weren't pregnant in July (had you been pregnant in July, your temp would not have gone back down, then rose again on 8/14 and following.)
  • Options

Thanks for all the replies, ladies. :)

I wasn't charting or doing anything serious with TTC. I have only charted BBT once with my second baby and I didn't really know what I was doing so I just by when I knew the "right times" were to O and when I felt it. The reason why I think I O'd that day is because I use a basic AF/O calendar to predict and when I do O I usually get lower abdominal pain throughout the day on one side and while DTD it has to be very gentle otherwise it's painful.I think it's my cervix? Not 100% sure. It's not AF pain, I was told I was feeling O by my dr years ago. So, I just use that to predict with the calendar called My Days.  I guess I am way off. lol 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"