October 2011 Moms
Options

worried Vacation at 36 weeks

so i will be on vacation when im 36 weeks i was ok with all of this months ago but now that im closer im scared im going to go into labor on the beach. im 34 weeks now and im praying that i make it till after my vacation. do you think ill be ok? im going to doc the day befor we leave he seems ok with it but im worried he will check that day and tell me that im dialated ect ect...... how would you feel going on vacation this late? do you think im a worrie wart?  

Re: worried Vacation at 36 weeks

• Options
    Where is the beach in comparison to your house? I would go to the beach that is 3 hours from here but I wouldn't fly to Mexico or anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my DD at 37 weeks and had contractions the entire week before I had her. I would have been miserable on vacation. But most FTM's don't deliver 3 weeks early, so you most likely will be fine. If your dr isn't worried, I wouldn't either, especially if he'll check you just before you go.
    SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am going on vacation at 33-34 weeks and I am getting more nervous about it as we are getting closer (10 more days until we leave). 

Definitely talk to your doctor about it.  I agree with PP- it kind of depends on how far away you will be and how easy it would be for you to get home if you are starting to have any labor signs. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    beach is about 2 hours 21/2 from my hospital.
  • Options
    I'm almost 33 weeks and my doctor was "hesitant" to let me go to out of town this weekend to see my DH's family that is 3.5 hours away. To be honest, though, I didn't even think twice about it. I agree with pp, though, that I wouldn't be flying anywhere at 36 weeks pregnant.
  • Options

imagekeykey:
    beach is about 2 hours 21/2 from my hospital.

2 hours away?  You should be fine!  Just monitor yourself and if you get worried, start the drive back.  Chances are ridiculously high that a) nothing will happen and b) if you do go into labor, you'll have plenty of time to get back.  Enjoy your vacation!

FWIW, I'll be heading to run an 8k that's about 2 hours from my hospital around 38 weeks and we're not worried :).

TTC #1 since 02/2010, BFP on 1/24/11, EDD 10/5/11

2011 Boston Marathon (4/18/11) @ 16 weeks
    Soldier Field 10 Miler (5/28/11) @ 22 weeks

BFP Chart @ Cycle #11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to the beach next weekend when I'll be 33 weeks and I'm not worried.  It's also a 6.5 - 7 hour drive from our house.  We'll just make sure we know where all the hospitals are along the way.  My perinatal wasn't really ok with the idea but my OB said it was fine so we are going.  I need a break!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you are only 2.5 hours away from home, then it is fine. You would still have PLENTY of time to get back home and to your doctor if you felt anything was going on!
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options

I got nervous before our trip a couple weeks ago at 33/34 weeks because I was afraid that I would be really uncomfortable and we'd be 19 hours away from home and if something happened...... but honestly?  It was fine and the morning of the trip I felt silly for getting worried because it was pretty much just another day.

I'll be just about 36 weeks this weekend when we go out of town for a wedding and I'm not feeling anxious or nervous about that because we'll be within 2 hours of the hospital.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would just trust your doctor, especially if you're getting checked right before you leave.  I'm going out of town next weekend at 36 weeks, will be about 3 hours away from home... I asked my doctor about it today and he said it should be fine, and he's not even going to check me before we leave!  So, I'm just going to trust him and keep on living my life until baby says he/she is ready to come!
    BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • Options
    I think you should be OK then.  And the bonus is that your SO will be with you, right?  If I go into labor while DH is at work then we probably wouldn't get to the hospital that much faster assuming he came home to pick me up...
  • Options
    I would go if it was 2.5 hours from my hospital.  I would lookup some info about a closer hospital just in case you need to get there fast (which you probably won;t).
  • Options

imageUGADawg8:
    We are going to the beach next weekend when I'll be 33 weeks and I'm not worried.  It's also a 6.5 - 7 hour drive from our house.  We'll just make sure we know where all the hospitals are along the way.  My perinatal wasn't really ok with the idea but my OB said it was fine so we are going.  I need a break!

^ same here I'm going on a road trip that is about 5 hours away at 34 weeks, my OB said to take frequent stops to stretch, I think a factory outlet is perfect place to stretch!Stick out tongue  I will map out hospitals along the way too, just in case.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"