High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily Bed Rest Check-In 8/31/11 (Wed.)

Good Luck at your appointment Nursie

Any bad habits?

Which season is your favorite?

Where/What are you most excited to do with your LO when they arrive?

Have you made freezer meals? Do you feel like sharing a freezer meal recipe?

Updates?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daily Bed Rest Check-In 8/31/11 (Wed.)

• Any bad habits? I love Coffee way to much. I was threatened once by my Dr with a mammogram because I had caffinee deposits in my boobs!

Which season is your favorite? Fall. I am so excited to have my little man during such a great season.

Where/What are you most excited to do with your LO when they arrive? I can't wait to take little man to his 1st Farmers market. I love the farmers market. YAY!

Have you made freezer meals? Do you feel like sharing a freezer meal recipe? I made a few. The easiest to do while on bedrest is crustless chicken pot pie. You can probably but store bought crust if you prefer it. I used a small crockpot and cooked up a chicken breast, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of corn with the corn juice included, a bag of frozen broccoli & califlower, 1/2 cup of water and cook till the chicken breast can be shredded. I think it was about 7 hours on Low. I also added parsely, salt and pepper.

I only physically stood to put the ingredients in the crockpot and turn it on, then to take it out. :) So easy.

Updates? Not really. I'll be off bedrest on Friday though anyone want to take over for Monday?

• Hi Holly,

How long have you been on bed rest? I am just 16wks and it is day 3 of bed rest. My husband is great and so is our 17yrs son.....I love this LO and will do whatever it takes but wow I am usually a very busy girl so what do you do to not go stir crazy (not there yet)! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on getting off of bed rest!!

Any bad habits? I have a major sweet tooth. 

Which season is your favorite? fall, love the holidays

Where/What are you most excited to do with your LO when they arrive? l miss DS falling asleep on me, looking forward to the snuggles. 

Have you made freezer meals? Do you feel like sharing a freezer meal recipe? I've thought about doing this, but I'm not very good in the kitchen.

Updates?

Waiting for ultrasound on Friday. Will find out next week if I still have previa and if I will need a c section or not.  
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yah for getting off bed rest! i can try to do the daily posts but i wont be any good at it.

1. junk food

2.fall or winter. i live in southern california so we dont get much of a winter of fall really

3.sleeping with baby and brastfeeding

4.none yet 

• it gets bad on some days. i watch alot of tv, movies, internet. i also have a 2 year old that i take of during the day so it helps. although im supposed to be on full bed rest. i have been on bed rest since week 15. oh and i read alot of magazines, my mom brings some from her work so i get alot of the people and celebrity somes. its hard at times, especially the first week when i gained 6 pounds. good luck,
  • Any bad habits?-I have a horrible sweet tooth. And trying to figure out what "modified" bed rest means for me. I am tying not to do too much, but it is hard to find that balance. My OB told me just to take it easy and do what I feel like, but rest as much as possible. Which season is your favorite?-I love winter. In Texas it is hot most of the year, so winter is such a nice change Where/What are you most excited to do with your LO when they arrive?-Just being a mom. Getting to hold him, feed him, love on him, etc  Have you made freezer meals? Do you feel like sharing a freezer meal recipe?-Haven't made anything yet, but plan on browning up a couple pounds of ground turkey for stuff like spaghetti, tacos, hamburger helper. Will probably make a few other things, but that is really it.   Updates?-Getting out of the house today to go to a breast feeding class. It is a 3 hour class and I am not sure that I am going to make it through the whole class, but it gets me out for a little while at least. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Any bad habits?  I guess my "bad habit" would be spending way too much money at Starbucks!  Oh, but how I love my Iced Soy Vanilla Chai!  Great, now I want one!

Which season is your favorite?  Hands down, no contest - FALL!  I love everything about it except how short it is.  Summer seems to end later and later and Winter starts earlier and earlier.  

Where/What are you most excited to do with your LO when they arrive?  I think just the fact that there are two babies coming is the most exciting thing for me.  I am looking forward to nursing again (I'm sure I'll eat those words in a few weeks) and I am REALLY looking forward to making baby food again!  Had so much fun last time.

Have you made freezer meals? Do you feel like sharing a freezer meal recipe?  This is actually one of my goals for this week.  I made Sloppy Joe's on Monday and put 1/2 of it in the freezer in small, individual portions.  I am also making a chicken dish in the crock pot and a huge batch of chili.  Next week I hope to make a few more, all crock pot or one pot dishes.  No real recipe, just this and that.

Updates? No major updates.  My doctor appt was canceled this week due to flooding so I went to the hospital for my CL check.  It shortened again (little) and is at 2.2 right now.  Excited for Friday... 32 weeks and for Tuesday... another growth u/s.

Non-pregnancy update: Another goal this week is to finish gift bags for DS.  I bought 4 reusable bags and will be filling each with small toys, craft items, and snacks.  I'm having a c-section, so I have a bag for each day I will be in the hospital.  I started this before MBR, so I will need DH to pick up the rest of the toys.  He bought the snacks this week, so we just need a few more things.  I am going to wrap all of the toys as well.  These will be gifts from "the babies!"  I can't wait!  I hope it makes DS smile!  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Josiah James

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Naomi Rose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Any bad habits? I would have to say biting my nails - I've done it since I was a kid and don't see that I'll stop anytime soon

Which season is your favorite? it would be Fall

Where/What are you most excited to do with your LO when they arrive? - I can't wait until I can hold them - one at a time since I can't hold three babies at once

Have you made freezer meals? Do you feel like sharing a freezer meal recipe? - No, I do love to cook meals and bake though

Updates? No updates today

Adalynn, Brynn and Elena born October 13th, 2011! They were our triplet surprise and everyday is a blessing. Brynn Victoria was born 3lbs 7oz 16", Adalynn Louise born 3lbs 6oz 16 3/4" and Elena Marie born 3lbs 10oz.
  • I have a bad habit now of not eating right.  I forget honestly since im on BR.

I love love love fall.  I'm so looking forward to it!  It's made me really happy in spite of everything else knowing that it's coming soon!

I can't wait to hold her on my chest and rub her head and just enjoy the way she feels on the outside.  I'm definitely looking forward to some snuggle time.  I think I could do it for hours. 

No freezer meals here.  I'm not supposed to be cooking anyway but DH won't eat "used" food.  He's weird.  He doesn't like leftovers and is suspicious of anything that's been in the fridge for more than 3 days (even not leftovers).  So there's no point wasting time making freezer meals.  I'll be glad to cook again anyway so I don't think that will be a problem. 

• Any bad habits? eating crappy for sure, esp. anything w/ chocolate.  watching bad reality TV late at night when i should be sleeping is another one :)

Which season is your favorite? FALL!! my birthday/anniversary, cool weather , apple pie, Octoberfest beer, FOOTBALL!! 

Where/What are you most excited to do with your LO when they arrive?

nothing in particular, just squeeze and love on her all the time.  try and keep her from getting attacked by her crazy big brother!  

Have you made freezer meals? Do you feel like sharing a freezer meal recipe?

nope, nothing yet.  i need to get on that.  this one i really want to make from this blog  https://erinkristine.blogspot.com/2010/01/freezer-meals.html?m=1

CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN CHILI

4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
    2 28 oz can of tomato sauce
    2 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
    2 15 oz can of corn (drained)
    2 diced onions
    2 heads of diced garlic (Ben has a little obsession with garlic)
    4 stalks of diced celery
    2 packet of chili seasoning
    red pepper flakes (as much as you want to make it spicier)
    3 serrano peppers, diced (keep the seeds if you want it to be hotter, otherwise toss the seeds out)

imageimage

•  Thanks Holly!! Congratulations on getting off bedrest on Friday.. I'm getting off on Monday.. woohoo!!

Any bad habits? I'm a bit of a procrastinator at times.

Which season is your favorite? Spring! Everything is green and all the flowers are growing.

Where/What are you most excited to do with your LO when they arrive?Just to hold him.

Have you made freezer meals? Do you feel like sharing a freezer meal recipe?No wasn't allowed to sit up except for meals so no cooking for me. Will be look into that more next week.

Updates?Went to the MD today and everything looked great with no change in my dilation. I am off the terbuatline and bedrest on Monday!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"