October 2011 Moms

What the hell is this new pain?!

I have a new, strange pain: at the very top of my left leg, sort of in the crook of where my leg meets my abdomen- where your panty line or bathing suit elastic would sit (as if I'm wearing a bathsuit these days... hrrmph).  It's a sharp throb that shoots down my thigh.  

I actually feel like I've felt this pain before being pregnant, during ovulation- almost like the beginning of that dull pain that comes with ovulation cramps, for those of you who have felt them before.  I feel it into my pubic bone now :/

Normal? Any home remedies? 

Edited for missing words 

Re: What the hell is this new pain?!

• I think I feel the same thing and have no solution for it either, except that I waddle now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yep. I got this pain.

I would probably worry about it, except it is obviously totally outside the baby area. 

I think it is the baby pressing on a nerve that causes the shooting down your leg. 

I find it is worse when I am walking.  All I want to do is press down on my inner thigh which would look odd while walking down the street.  

• Loading the player...
  • I had an ultrasound and my baby is head down and I think it is the back of her head pushing against a nerve.

I have no baby in my rib cage at all.  I know people complain about that - but I woudlnt mind if she moved up an inch or so. 

• I have the same pain. I lay on the opposite side as the pain, put my sore leg sort of behind me and push where my sore leg meets my torso. It hurts like crazy, but relieves some pain.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • I have had this exact pain for the past 7 weeks now (I'm 32 weeks).  I find it started off just when i was transition from lying down to sitting, or sitting to standing, but while walking it was okay...until last week.  Now I feel it while walking, especially up stairs if I lead with my left leg. 

My doctor said it's ligament pain...similar to if you were holding a bowling ball with two bungee cords on either side...the stretching of the cords on the side represent the ligaments that are holding your uterus in place.  She said the cure is delivery (THANKS).  I find that just lots of resting, and then tylenol if I can't stand it at night!

GOOD LUCK!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"