1st Trimester

ultrasound tonight - due date?

So since my periods are irregular and I am having pain around my left ovary, my Dr. ordered an ultrasound to determine my due date and rule out an ectoptic.  I am nervous and excited.  I am also nervous because I may not see the baby or heartbeat today ... so I think I have to prepare myself for that.  Anyone else with an early ultrasound and results?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ultrasound tonight - due date?

• Hello, I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks with my second pregnancy to make sure it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy like the first was. I was able to see a little something so you should too :)  I hope all goes well for you!!!!
  • Hi,

First, Congratulations!! I am actually in a similar place right now. My pregnancy was unplanned so my NP asked that I come in this past Monday for an u/s---she said I was at 6 weeks, we saw the 2 sacs, but no heartbeat. Now, I am super worried and stressed. I have another u/s scheduled next Tuesday. The NP was positive but also gave me symptoms and signs to watch for. I have been scoping the boards out to see other people's experiences with u/s's around the 5th-6th week mark. Good luck and I hope it goes well for you!

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! Congrats!

Yes, my first u/s was a week ago and the baby was measuring right at 6 weeks (I think I am really closer to 6 1/2 at the time).  Regardless, we saw the heartbeat going to town on the screen. Hopefully you will too!  On the otherhand, dont get too stressed if you don't...some people just dont until a week or two more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"