March 2011 Moms
Options

This is disturbing to me.....

Wouldn't a student photographer want to capture babies after they are born, not just women's Va-jay-jays? ew.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/zip/2565301007.html

In case the post gets removed here it is:

FREE Birth Photographer (Tampa Bay Area)

I would like to capture your entire Birth Experience. I am a student photographer looking to build my portfolio. I am offering FREE Birth Photography for due dates before Oct 26. For the use of some of the images in my portfolio you will receive a CD of all the images. Please contact.

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Married Bio

Re: This is disturbing to me.....

• Options
    And it's already removed! Didn't take long at all.  I would NOT want some student up in my business when giving birth.  I about had a fit that DH's grandpa brought a camcorder into the room not long after they induced.  I appreciated him recording family in the waiting room, but I really didn't want to be on that video looking like I did!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I didn't get to see the ad while it was up, but I don't find it all that odd.  It is not something that I would want (especially by a student photographer), but I have seen a few photographers offer birth photography sessions.  There was a girl who posted her pictures on thebump when I had DD1 and they were very tasteful.  Personally, I want the photographer to show up a few days later, but to each their own I guess.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Birth photography is about much more than vaginas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i love my pics from my birth. they are so precious to me. very special.
  • Options

imageGreenFlamingo7:
    Birth photography is about much more than vaginas.

Yes

• Options
    Have you ever seen birth photography pictures? I have not once seen a vagina in any of them. Birth photography is about the entire birth process; labor, your support people, the once-in-a-lifetime emotions surrounding the new little person brought into the world. If done by a good photographer they are beautiful.
  • Options

I don't find it disturbing.  It's simply a documentation of birth, a normal and amazing process (although not always pretty Wink)

During DS's birth, the nurse asked if I wanted to see his head while I was pushing.  I did, so she set up a mirror to show me the progress I was making.  It was actually really cool to see.  I don't know if I would have documented it with pictures, but I can see why some would. 

Plus, she never says that she'll be taking pictures that are that graphic.  She could just be taking tasteful pictures of mama laboring, pushing, and bonding with her newborn baby.  I actually wish I DID have a picture of DS when he was newly born (before he was cleaned off).  I never saw him like that b/c he had to be evaluated by a pediatrician immediately and I wasn't looking when the Dr. held him up for me to see right after he was born.  I sort of miss that I don't know how it looked then. 

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"