Austin Babies

s/o baby/kid laundry: when to stop washing on delicate?

When did/do you stop washing your kid's clothes on the delicate cycle?  Since day 1, I've always mixed in DD's stuff with my delicates.  When did you stop?  On one hand, it isn't an extra load but on the other...shouldn't I be washing her stuff on a "heavier" cycle so it gets cleaner?

Re: s/o baby/kid laundry: when to stop washing on delicate?

• I never did this.  So ... I think you can quit now.  ;)
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ::blushes::  i've never washed her stuff on delicate.  Always on heavy-duty, just like our clothes.  I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a laundry genius though, but all my clothes seem to hold up fine. 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemlf625:
    I never did this.  So ... I think you can quit now.  ;)

yup.

Our machine has a "baby clothes" setting that I stop using after about 3 months. 

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • I never did this, either. I wash my clothes, Liv's clothes, and sheets on regular. DH's clothes, towels, and other misc home things (curtains, dog beds) on heavy duty.
  • imagemlf625:

ditto Smile

• we use perm press for clothes and towels and sheets and diapers get the full force :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemlf625:

Haha, ditto.

• imagemlf625:

Me either.

• imageSaraLouiseBride08:
    I never did this, either. I wash my clothes, Liv's clothes, and sheets on regular. DH's clothes, towels, and other misc home things (curtains, dog beds) on heavy duty.

**butting in here**  

you wash curtains?  I am so not worthy.  I wouldn't even think to wash curtains.  what else should I be washing that I'm not!???

• imagemlf625:

haha, this. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It never occured to me to wash anything but hand washables (cashmere etc) on delicate. I wash pretty much all our stuff on "give it all you got" with stain cycle etc. I suck at remembering to pretreat though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsRosie:
    I wash all my clothing and all A's clothing using the gentle cycle.  The only things I wash using the regular cycle are towels and linens.  I have no idea what DH does with his own clothes.  I haven't noticed that things don't get clean on the gentle cycle, but I'm also obsessive about pre-treating stains.

Ditto.  I think my clothes last longer b/c of this.

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't think I have ever washed on delicate.  So, I agree with MLF...stop now.
  • imagemlf625:

ditto ;)

• btwn this and Mcgee ironing I feel like a shitty homemaker :p
  • imagebabymillie:

imageSaraLouiseBride08:
    I never did this, either. I wash my clothes, Liv's clothes, and sheets on regular. DH's clothes, towels, and other misc home things (curtains, dog beds) on heavy duty.

**butting in here**  

you wash curtains?  I am so not worthy.  I wouldn't even think to wash curtains.  what else should I be washing that I'm not!???

It's not as Betty Homemaker as it sounds. I only wash them when I notice that when I open them ... dog hair starts flying through the room Wink I've got two big dogs that like to bring in filth.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"