May 2011 Moms

Review of the Kalorik baby food maker

Purchased at TJmaxx for $29, pink, it is the Beaba ripoff kind. 

Don't. Waste. Your. Money.

The steamer works fine, but doesn't hold much food. I filled the thing and got enough carrot/apple puree for about 1 feeding of an 8 month old. The blade doesn't reach far enough down to get a smooth puree, it leaves chunks at the bottom.

I am taking mine back and going back to my basket steamer/cuisinart.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Review of the Kalorik baby food maker

• I love my little Cuisinart Rice Cooker/steamer. Compact, easy to use and does the job. Then, Magic Bullet.  <3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I will have to look into that rice maker. We SUCK at stove-top rice and need a new one, we just broke our second one (we use it a lot). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, after your last post I was gonna go to TJMaxx tmrw and try to find it.
    imageimage
  • imagetheaustins05:
    Thanks, after your last post I was gonna go to TJMaxx tmrw and try to find it.

Get a stick blender and a steamer basket. Save yourself $10 and get better results (in a ton less time!)  

• I will just use my steamer and food processor when the time comes.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageAnneShirleyBlythe:
    I will have to look into that rice maker. We SUCK at stove-top rice and need a new one, we just broke our second one (we use it a lot). 

I usually buy the Success Boil-In-A-Bag brown rice.  I'm a lazy slacker.  But that cooker/steamer is my fav.  

• imageAnneShirleyBlythe:

imagetheaustins05:

Get a stick blender and a steamer basket. Save yourself $10 and get better results (in a ton less time!)  

Is there one you like?
    imageimage
  • imagetheaustins05:
    imageAnneShirleyBlythe:

imagetheaustins05:

Is there one you like?

None specific, i have a silicone steamer basket and a Cuisinart 5-cup processor. I can't seem to find a good stick blender but I know people out there who love theirs!  

• I have a Cuisinart stick blender that works great for me - I've used it to make a few purees to freeze already, and I use it for soups and such for myself.

We do already have a little rice cooker with steamer basket, as well as the steamer basket that came with our pots and pans. I am set up for making squishy plain food.

• We steam on the stove (or if I'm feeling exceptionally lazy, in the microwave) and use the food processor for fruits/veggies and the immersion blender for meats.
    Photobucket
  • I'm glad you said something, I was going to take mine out of the box tomorrow!

• Thanks for your update- I couldn't find it at our closest TJM but was going to keep looking at others---no more. With DS I had a friend who lent me her Beaba and it worked well but I could only make one tray at a time (still 8-10 servings). I don't know how much it is now but it was ~$150 back then and that's way too pricey for me.

Oh well, we needed a food processor anyway... 

• I was going to just use what I have (immersion blender etc) but the baby bullets have dropped in price significantly.  You can get them at buy buy baby for $59.99 plus the 20% coupon... I am probably going to get one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"