TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Luna's DE Bonanza

Hello everyone!  Sorry for the delay in updating you.  Thanks for checking in on me below!

So here's the scoop:

My mock cycle is complete!  SHG and endo lining scan all show a fantastic looking ute (their words, not mine).  I started acupuncture last week, completed my trial embryo transfer, estrogen patches and monitoring and progesterone inserts.  All I need to do between now and the transfer is continue with lupron every day, plus PNV's, folic and baby aspirin for the MTHFR. Donor starts stims on 9/14, still on track for a 9/25(ish) retrieval.  So all is good on the physical front!

However...

I am freaking out right now.  DH left for a 2 week camping road trip in the desert yesterday morning and I get an email from a lawyer saying we have to sign a contract with a notary before 9/6.  DH comes back 9/10.  I had no clue we had a contract to sign and why they waited this long when they knew DH was going away for 2 weeks.  I spoke to the lawyer today and it sounds like if we don't get DH's signature notarized by 9/6 the cycle is off. I have no clue if he will be able to do this.  He is literally in the middle of the desert and I can't even reach him right now to let him know this.

Oh well, it only took 4 months and tens of thousands of dollars to get this done and now it might not happen because of a lousy signature.  If this gets cancelled, I have no idea what I might do to someone!

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
IVF#1 = BFN
IVF#2 = BFN
IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
Beta #1: 485
Beta #2: 2,495
Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
imageimageimage

Re: Luna's DE Bonanza

• Oh no!! That's ridiculous Luna. Why would you need it signed by 9/6 if your donor isn't starting stims until 9/14?!
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAmanda78:
    Oh no!! That's ridiculous Luna. Why would you need it signed by 9/6 if your donor isn't starting stims until 9/14?!
    The lawyer was given that date by the donor agency. I told him to call and verify it. I'm looking for any loophole right now. I had DH sign the contract without a notary just in case too. I asked if we can use that for now, have a notary witness my signature and straighten it out when he gets back. The lawyer said the donor can make changes to it so that's not necessarily the final contract. I'm flipping out!
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad to hear everything is good on the physical front.  As far as the lawyer, WTF!?  My (illegal) suggestion would be to find someone you know who is a notary (it is more common than you think) and you sign as DH.  If you don't want to do that (I don't blame you), how far away is he?  Is there any way you can track him down?  How stressful, I hope you guys can figure it out and get it taken care of.  You have come too far to let it all go down the drain because of a signature.  Good luck hun, keep us posted!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • Ugh.  I am so sorry they are being a PITA about this.  He isn't going to Burning Man is he? 

I like Rawr's suggestion, btw!

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • imagesuntoto:

Ugh.  I am so sorry they are being a PITA about this.  He isn't going to Burning Man is he? 

Actually, yes he is going to Burning Man!  He is soooo not into it at all but my BIL and some friends flew here from the UK to go to Burning Man and we have a giant motor home so DH thought it would be nice to drive them there.  He is planning to sit in the RV and work on his computer while BIL and his friends go into their trance or whatever the F people do there.

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    imageimageimage
  • imagelunatwo:
    imagesuntoto:

Ugh.  I am so sorry they are being a PITA about this.  He isn't going to Burning Man is he? 

Actually, yes he is going to Burning Man!  He is soooo not into it at all but my BIL and some friends flew here from the UK to go to Burning Man and we have a giant motor home so DH thought it would be nice to drive them there.  He is planning to sit in the RV and work on his computer while BIL and his friends go into their trance or whatever the F people do there.

I wonder if there's a way for him to call and verify a siggie?  Or sign it on camera and scan/fax it?  Can he do that? Does his computer have a webcam?

Yay about the sweet ute.  Bananas about the contract.  Unbelieveable.  I hope you and the lawyer and the donor agency can get something worked out!   

• imagelunatwo:
    imagesuntoto:

I wonder if there's a way for him to call and verify a siggie?  Or sign it on camera and scan/fax it?  Can he do that? Does his computer have a webcam?

Yay about the sweet ute.  Bananas about the contract.  Unbelieveable.  I hope you and the lawyer and the donor agency can get something worked out!   

• imageRawr08:

I'm glad to hear everything is good on the physical front.  As far as the lawyer, WTF!?  My (illegal) suggestion would be to find someone you know who is a notary (it is more common than you think) and you sign as DH.  If you don't want to do that (I don't blame you), how far away is he?  Is there any way you can track him down?  How stressful, I hope you guys can figure it out and get it taken care of.  You have come too far to let it all go down the drain because of a signature.  Good luck hun, keep us posted!

My admin at work is a notary actually, but I really don't want anyone to know we are using DE.  There is no way in hell we can keep that secret after she finds out!  She blabs.  We were trying to keep this all a secret.  I did actually think about doing that though.  It was a good suggestion.

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    imageimageimage
  • That is BS on the signature, I hope they can get it worked out.

If not, I think there are a large number of us who will help you do whatever you want to whoever you want. I can get pitchforks and torches, just say the word.

• imagegrr_aargh:
    imagelunatwo:
    imagesuntoto:

That's interesting.  I will ask about all of these suggestions!  There's gotta be something we can do.  

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    imageimageimage
  • imagelunatwo:
    imagesuntoto:

LOL, that is really kind of funny.  I hope that when he gets there and gets on his computer he is able to find some way to communicate with you on this.  I am so sorry you have to deal with this during your DE cycle!  

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Oh no!!!! I really hope you can get a hold of your DH so he can sign that paperwork!! 

Other than that, everything sounds awesome!!!  

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• imagelunatwo:
    imageRawr08:

I'm glad to hear everything is good on the physical front.  As far as the lawyer, WTF!?  My (illegal) suggestion would be to find someone you know who is a notary (it is more common than you think) and you sign as DH.  If you don't want to do that (I don't blame you), how far away is he?  Is there any way you can track him down?  How stressful, I hope you guys can figure it out and get it taken care of.  You have come too far to let it all go down the drain because of a signature.  Good luck hun, keep us posted!

My admin at work is a notary actually, but I really don't want anyone to know we are using DE.  There is no way in hell we can keep that secret after she finds out!  She blabs.  We were trying to keep this all a secret.  I did actually think about doing that though.  It was a good suggestion.

Do you think you could get away with signing it without her actually seeing the paper?  If she has to look at it (which I don't think they have to...) tell her to eff off.  You are already signing for DH, she shouldn't care if she can't look at the damn thing.

GAH!  Why are people so nosey!?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • imageRawr08:
    imagelunatwo:
    imageRawr08:

Do you think you could get away with signing it without her actually seeing the paper?  If she has to look at it (which I don't think they have to...) tell her to eff off.  You are already signing for DH, she shouldn't care if she can't look at the damn thing.

GAH!  Why are people so nosey!?

I thought about it but we have to initial every page of this huge contract.  I really think she will sneak a peek somehow.  She is the nosiest person I have ever met.

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    imageimageimage
  • Really hope you can get something figured out with the signature. Glad so far everything looks good with your cycle.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• imageRawr08:

Thats my suggestion too..we did something similar once. Not the same kind of contract but the title to a car in which my (former) step mom's name is on and she is halfway across the country...

Or maybe does he have a printer/scanner with him? Fax?! I hope things work out. (Yes, I have been lurking for some time!)

I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • Holy crap Luna - after all you've been through, now this stupid lawyer crap.

I hope they can take the signature un-notarized.

GL!

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yay to all the physical stuff going great,but I can't believe that notary crap. I hope you guys can get something worked out :(
  • I don't know everything you've been through since I'm still "new" around here...but that seems like such a hassle!  *hugs*  FX it all works out!  Sorry there's added stress.

BTW, I'm an admin to the Director of my department and to the Director of the operation.  If I blabbed anything I'd be let go, regardless of work related or personal!  It just comes with the job description!  It sucks that people can't be trusted!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh wow luna - that is so ridiculous!  I really hope that you can get DH's signature notarized or that they will take it as is.  I really hope this works out - I would so lose it if that holds things up!! 

Glad that all the physical stuff looks great - that is good news! 

• Do you know a notary?  I have had a couple who would do it without DH being present because they know us, though I know that's kind of a squishy gray area of legality.  
  • imageEclairAngst:
    Do you know a notary?  I have had a couple who would do it without DH being present because they know us, though I know that's kind of a squishy gray area of legality.  

I do, but we are keeping DE a secret so I don't feel comfortable having someone I know look at my contract.  It's pretty much the one thing I wouldn't want anyone to see.

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.