Infertility Veterans
Options

Hi there - a question about AMH

Hi ladies, 

I'm copy/pasting from IF, I hope you don't mind.  I recognize a few names here, but not sure if you all will recognize me!  I'm just looking for a little insights.I'm an IF vet and used to spend more time on these boards.  I have a question about AMH levels and deciding about treatments for TTC.  I figured I'd come to this board since the ladies here were so knowledgable and helpful the 2 years we were TTC.I went to the RE and had some blood tests done to try to decide what treatments we'll do for baby #2.  No CD3 b/w yet.  Everything came back ok but the AMH is low - 1.4.  I know it's not dire but it is lower than I expected and I believe in 2009/2010 it was 1.8.Anyway, our dx is endometriosis (stage 3) and poor egg quality.  My H's SAs are good.  I'm wondering if we would be wasting our time to try a few IUIs before IVF since we are OOP.  With an AMH of 1.4 and low egg quality, do you think IUI has a chance?  My RE is saying maybe try the IUIs, but I am sort of doubtful???FWIW, we had 3 failed IUIs in 2009, and 3 IVFs.  The last one was successful.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hi there - a question about AMH

• Options
    I wouldn't be to concered with an AMH of 1.4.  I've seen pleanty of women get pregnant with lower AMH levels than me.  I myself, have an AMH of 0.7. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just wanted to say hello since I recognize you ccbanana.  I have no advice about AMH, but I wish you the best of luck.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Shooot, I am so sorry.  I thought IF Vets meant IF graduates.  I just realized that this board is for IF long-timers.  I'm so sorry.  

Illinigal - hi there.  I hope you are doing well.  Good luck to you too.  :)

• Options

imageillinigal:
    I just wanted to say hello since I recognize you ccbanana.  I have no advice about AMH, but I wish you the best of luck.

Illin - I just saw your ticker.  I am so sorry for your loss.    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"