Nurseries and Baby Gear

Yep...The Pack N Play again...

I know this question has probably been asked a million times here but I guess it's my turn!

We're in search of a Pack N Play under $120 (less is always better!). I'm amazed the price range of all of them when they seem basically all the same to me? Ideally I'm after one with a changer and bassinet. I'm shorter and think the bassinet is probably needed and then we plan to use the Pack N Play on a seperate level of our home so think the changer is probably also a good idea to start with.

We're looking for gender neutral or leaning towards more boyish.

Anyone have a good reccommendation?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Yep...The Pack N Play again...

• I'd check them out in the store, they vary greatly in quality of construction and mattress support/feel.  Most have a bassinet.  The problem with typical changing station is it overhangs onto the PnP enclosure and most are supported only on one side (Graco), causing them to tilt with babies weight, beyond 8 lbs or so (read online reviews).  Many people find them flimsy and impractical, especially if you already have a dedicated changing station in the house.

While I don't have practical experience with the one I got, I'm very pleased with it's design overall.  The changing area is much better than the standard Graco.  After a 20% coupon, it was ~$130 before tax.  It was my favorite from the selection at Babies R Us and Target (I should mention its exclusive to BRU).

Safety 1st Premier Playard:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10962742 

The negative reviews are from idiots who cannot follow instructions or don't understand that weight limits are pretty much standard across most PnPs

Also you wouldn't need to travel with all the accessories (hamper, storage baskets, mobile) so the criticisms about difficulty of breakdown for travel should be taken with a grain of salt. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Try Burlington Coat Factory. I found that most of the baby main baby stuff (swing, pack n play, and highchair) was $20 cheaper- same brand! Also try consignment.  We only used ours for a brief time and it is still in perfect condition, We needed an extra for my sister and got a used one for $25.
  • Loading the player...
  • We just have a standard Graco pack n play with the bassinet add on...we just change diapers on that surface...
  • I agree with PP. Burlington Coat factory all the way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have 2 PnPs - a Graco Silhouette (with all the bells and whistles) and a Bright Starts Ingenuity (which was just $99 and has the bassinet and changing station).   I love the Bright Starts one! It's super sturdy and folds up just as easily and as small as the Graco one.  I highly recommend it!

https://www.target.com/p/Bright-Starts-Ingenuity-Playard-Bella-Vista/-/A-13474599 

ETA after reading other responses: DD is nearing 18 pounds and we haven't had any issues with the changing tables not being strong enough or tilting/sagging.  Most PnP changing stations have a weight limit of 25 pounds.  Obviously, you don't want to leave LO on it for a long period of time or unattended.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Definitely check them out in store. Some of them look cute online, but once you get to the store you realize the shoddy quality. Namely the one with the big monkey on the mattress cover. I get that a mattress should be firm, but a thin piece of nylon over a board not make a mattress.

We ended up with the Chicco one because at the time, it had the best quality mattress of the selection we found and the changer was supported on three sides. Now there's a Carter's one that is actually very similar in quality and a lower price. I would have gotten that one had it been available at the time.

• imagesarahbeth827:
    We just have a standard Graco pack n play with the bassinet add on...we just change diapers on that surface...

I agree. I think that the diaper changer and the newborn napper are a total waste of money. We used the bassinet portion to change diapers. Really, that's all that we used it for until he got old enough for it to be used as a playpen.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • We got the Graco Morgan, which has the changer and a mobile, but not a napper (see previous posts about why they are not a good idea).  It's brown with yellows and greens... $159 at BBB, so with a 20% off coupon it would be around $129.

We also just picked up one to give my mom that is just the PnP with a mobile, priced at $69 and then 20% coupon from BRU = $54.

• imageellewoodsSC:

I'd check them out in the store, they vary greatly in quality of construction and mattress support/feel.  Most have a bassinet.  The problem with typical changing station is it overhangs onto the PnP enclosure and most are supported only on one side (Graco), causing them to tilt with babies weight, beyond 8 lbs or so (read online reviews).  Many people find them flimsy and impractical, especially if you already have a dedicated changing station in the house.

While I don't have practical experience with the one I got, I'm very pleased with it's design overall.  The changing area is much better than the standard Graco.  After a 20% coupon, it was ~$130 before tax.  It was my favorite from the selection at Babies R Us and Target (I should mention its exclusive to BRU).

Safety 1st Premier Playard:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10962742 

The negative reviews are from idiots who cannot follow instructions or don't understand that weight limits are pretty much standard across most PnPs

Also you wouldn't need to travel with all the accessories (hamper, storage baskets, mobile) so the criticisms about difficulty of breakdown for travel should be taken with a grain of salt. 

Agreed except do not get it from BRU, their markups are high. KMart usually has great sales on them (not a KMart shopper but found this out while looking into pricing trends of them lol). Free shipping and $99.

• We got a Graco PnP from Target in a gender neutral brown/sage green. We knew we were having a girl, but the colors are so lovely and match our living room really nicely. SIL said it was a "must-have" and that her 2 children LOVED theirs for all occassions. I'd really recommend this one: https://www.target.com/p/Graco-Silhouette-Pack-n-Play-Play-Yard-SweetPea-from-the-Sprout-n-Grow-Collection/-/A-13024140

Took DH 10 minutes to assemble (including changing table and bassinet feature) and it looks great! Also, the changing table is really soft/comfortable for LO. Can't wait to try it out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"