Natural Birth

Can you give me info on getting a doula

Just wondering? I am really thinking of hiring one this time around for support ect..( My DS was born 27wks 3day natural/fast delivery) I really want the extra support this time around and someone to help my DH though the process too. So, some questions..how much did it cost you? What are some important questions to ask? Did you have any issues with your delivering hospital( I do want to deliver in a hospital)...I guess basically any thought, opinions would be very appreciated..TIA ...oh and congrats to all you new mommies :)

Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker

Re: Can you give me info on getting a doula

• Check out Donas website and start contacting some :)
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• imagehaleymay18:
    Check out Donas website and start contacting some :)

I went to their site last night...Loved the info and I have a list of ummm about 12 that I will contact..Thanks..Just wanted any extra info that may be out their from first hand experiences :)

• Loading the player...
  • imageDomesticDiva0429:

imagehaleymay18:
    Check out Donas website and start contacting some :)

I went to their site last night...Loved the info and I have a list of ummm about 12 that I will contact..Thanks..Just wanted any extra info that may be out their from first hand experiences :)

Also, you could check craigslist. Sometimes doulas in training post there :)

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• doulamatch.com is another good website too. I liked having mine there more for my hubby then for me, I didn't want to be touched and wanted everyone to leave me alone so my doula, who happens to be my best friend couldnt do much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry, doulamatch.net
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The FAQ in my siggy has some doula threads.

It cost me $450, but in my city it ranges from $300 to $1200. Honestly, the questions aren't as important as just generally how you feel about her. Go with a person you like that you connect with and feel is listening to you and gets what kind of birth you want. My hospital was fine with her, and more importantly, so was my doctor. I told my doctor about my doula as soon as I had one, and she was very happy that I was working with a doula. I think the only person that may have been slightly annoyed was my labour nurse, but I don't think she knew much about natural birth. 

• Thank you all very very much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"