December 2010 Moms

:::Nicole0012:::

Hey!  How is work going? What do I have to look forward to next week?Stick out tongue

ooh, and for anyone spying, how is work if you recently went back? Especially if you are teaching?

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: :::Nicole0012:::

• Hi! It's going well! Pretty hectic, and my sophomores are keeping me on my toes! They are a pretty good bunch, though. Right now they are taking a context clues quiz. Are you teaching freshmen again? Do you start on Monday?

I think it was more difficult going back to work after the summer than it was after maternity leave! Can't believe that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have 4 sophomore classes and 1 freshmen.  Meaning my freshmen will totally get shafted because when you only have one, you tend to focus more on the other class.

I start technically tomorrow, but it's just a pro. development day.  Kids come on Tuesday, so I count that as the true first day of school!

What do you use as a context clue quiz?  Can you send it to me? 

• Loading the player...
  • We use a book for the quizzes, but I have an intro powerpoint I can send your way! We also do root words, and our vocab scores have skyrocketed since we started them several years ago. I have a packet of 13 weeks worth of words (actually two packets - one for freshmen, one for sophomores), a homework assignment for each week, and a weekly quiz that I use on Fridays. I can send you those, too! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would love the powerpoint, but I already have root word units and quizzes...we do this green vocab book that breaks the words up that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"