Pregnant after IF
Options

IVF insurance coverage in the state of Pennsylvania?

Hello everyone!  I am just wondering if any of you know of any insurance companies that cover IVF in Pennsylvania? 

Re: IVF insurance coverage in the state of Pennsylvania?

• Options
    I live in PA and there is no state mandate requiring IF coverage.  That being said, insurance companies don't determine if IF is covered or not - your employer does.  
    TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in PA and I know there's no mandated infertility coverage in PA.  It's not so much the insurance company/carrier as it is your employer.  The insurance co. can provide infertility coverage but it's up to your employer to decide to offer infertility coverage.  And obviously most employers choose not to because it's so costly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Actually, its not all that costly in the grand scheme of things, especially compared with other health problems, but that is another discussion for another day.  :)
    TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ugh I know, it's so frustrating!
  • Options
    There isn't a state mandate for it to be covered. It's really which plan your employer provides that decides whether IVF is covered or not.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"