Snarky and T-TTC

My basement is shot :( (kinda long)

We had Stanley Steamer come out this morning to give us an estimate/assess the situation.  Its not good.  The carpet and padding need to be replaced (we figured that).  However, we also have to replace the linoleum tiling on the other half of the family room.  Ugh, wasn't expecting that.  They have to rip everything out and dry the structure, yada yada.  Total cost of all of that is almost $2,700.  Then factor in the cost it will be to get new carpet and linoleum and up that by at least another thousand.  Sigh.  I know people have it worst and I shouldn't complain.  Its just a big expense we weren't expecting.  I have left two messages with State Farm to ask about coverage and have yet to speak to anyone.  Last night someone called back at 8:30 when H and I were out to dinner.  I was so annoyed.

Sorry for making this so long.  Thanks for letting me vent :)  

TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
TESE for DH 08/09/09
ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: My basement is shot :( (kinda long)

• Oh Jenny, that sucks! That's a big expense :( I hope your insurance covers all of it! Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh that sucks.  I bet the insurance company is just overrun with calls.  I hope they cover it!
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks :(  Do you have to cut out any drywall? 

It seems like even when there isn't a LOT of water in a finished basement it's all expensive and time consuming to fix up :(

• That stinks!  Hopefully, the insurance will cover it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Oh no! I am so sorry -- I, too, hope your insurance covers it -- I dont see why they wouldnt.

Good luck.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• I finally talked to my agent a little while ago.  He said it was good that we had Stanley Steamer there to rip up and get rid of all the wet stuff, and to start the drying process.  However he said not to replace any of the carpet or tile till an adjustor comes out to the house.  Which could take a month.  Fun times.  The H is thrilled about that.  As far as coverage goes, he couldn't tell me definitively that it would be covered (of course); that has to wait for the adjustor's report.  But he did say from what I described that I should be okay. So we wait and see.  And lay out all the money now of course.  Grr.
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
  • Can you (and when I say you, I mean your husband, friends and/or family) rip up the damaged stuff to save money?  Doing it yourself and even renting a dumpster is a hell of a lot cheaper than SS.  Your city may even have a free pick up service soon of things like you mentioned, then a dumpster wouldn't be necessary. 

• imagepmarie33:
    Can you (and when I say you, I mean your husband, friends and/or family) rip up the damaged stuff to save money?  Doing it yourself and even renting a dumpster is a hell of a lot cheaper than SS.  Your city may even have a free pick up service soon of things like you mentioned, then a dumpster wouldn't be necessary. 

If it was just the ripping up that was so expensive, I would say hell yeah, the H would do it.  But there is more they are doing.  They are spraying this special drying agent down there now, and then they are coming back tomorrow with more equipment to do stuff.  The extent of what needs to be done I don't think we could've done ourselves unfortunately.  Luckily our town does do bulk garbage pick up, which actually is tomorrow.  I hope they take everything that is out there now, that it isn't too much!
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
  • imagegidge:

That sucks :(  Do you have to cut out any drywall? 

It seems like even when there isn't a LOT of water in a finished basement it's all expensive and time consuming to fix up :(

Luckily Gidge, it didn't affect the drywall!  One thing that went in our favor  :)
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
  • UGH! State Farm better be covering that shiit. xoxo
  • Sorry Jenny. That really sucks! Hopefully insurance will cover most of it.
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As someone who seen a LOT of flooding and the way insurance deals with it, let me give you some tips... Document Document Document. Take pictures of everything (before, during and after). Also, make sure you write down the name, time, ect of everyone you talk to at state farm.  

Did the agent say you had to keep the old carpet & flooring until they came out, or just don't replace it until they come out?  

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"